Talk

Advanced search

Ryanair's checked baggage allowance, I don't understand the rules.

(10 Posts)
PossumInAPearTree Fri 23-Jun-17 21:27:19

I've paid for 20kg hold luggage.....could I take 2x 10kg bags or not? Their website is unclear.

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Fri 23-Jun-17 21:33:38

Each passenger may check in up to three checked bags upon payment of the applicable checked baggage fees by electing to purchase a checked baggage allowance of either 15 kilos or 20 kilos when make their initial booking.

This suggests you can have up to 3 bags

user1471429825 Fri 23-Jun-17 21:41:30

I had the same problem as you and engaged in their 'live chat ' apparently according to the agent who dealt with me you are allowed only one piece of hold luggage and then a small handbag and a 10kg piece of hand luggage that may end up in the hold or the overhead lockers.

PossumInAPearTree Fri 23-Jun-17 21:41:53

Thanks. I just wasn't sure if this meant you could book 3x 20kg bags.

But I think it means you can split 20kg between 3 bags.

PossumInAPearTree Fri 23-Jun-17 21:42:42

Xpost.

Ok, will have to cram it all in one bag then. Thanks.

user1471429825 Fri 23-Jun-17 21:44:13

I know it's not the clearest but you can have one piece of hold luggage at 15/20kg then you still get the 10kg hand luggage that everyone has.

PossumInAPearTree Fri 23-Jun-17 22:43:29

Fingers crossed we can manage then. 3 of us with 1 x 20kg bag between us and then we can each have a 10kg hand luggage and a small handbag type bag. 50kg between 3 is doable I reckon.

Helenluvsrob Fri 23-Jun-17 22:48:22

Honestly you can do a summer holiday easily with hand baggage as long as you have a washer and are willing to buy toiletries out there ( we get a big supermarket generic smelling shower gel shampoo conditioner body lotion and suncream pretty much on the way from the airport to the accommodations. But you could be canny and buy at boots in the airport if you are brand fussy.

50kg luggage between 3 is loads. You presumably have to get it in a hire car anyway at some point at that's a lot of cases.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 24-Jun-17 08:11:01

Think its just one case weighing up to 20kg. You need to specify both weight and number of bags at time of booking.

BarbaraofSeville Sat 24-Jun-17 12:15:07

Fingers crossed we can manage then. 3 of us with 1 x 20kg bag between us and then we can each have a 10kg hand luggage and a small handbag type bag. 50kg between 3 is doable I reckon

That's loads, honestly if we're talking about a week or two in a hot weather location, unless you need to take loads of baby equipment or something. If you feel the need to take jackets, shoes etc, wear them on the plane. But you can only check in one bag even if it doesn't weigh very much.

I'm fine with a carry on case and handbag for documents and kindle etc (Look for the World's Lightest cabin bag from Argos or Matalan for about £30 if you need anything new with the maximum capacity with minimum weight for a wheeelie case). The only thing I struggle with is suncream and the liquids restrictions but you have a hold bag, so they can all go in there.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in