Talk

Advanced search

Neilson Sardinia - worried about new set up

(7 Posts)
langlandgirl Sun 18-Jun-17 21:05:23

Has anyone been yet? The Tripadvisor reviews for this resort are really really mixed and I am worried that they don't fully manage the resort (only the activities and childcare - same in Croatia). I'm really surprised Neilson have taken this approach on both new resorts.

OP’s posts: |
mummymeister Mon 19-Jun-17 08:16:24

Clearly they are trying to reduce their fixed costs and see this as the way to go. hopefully they will look at the reviews and see the damage that it does to their brand and do something about it.

have you looked at ocean elements in vasiliki or club vass there? not ai but lots of places to eat locally and we had a great time.

2014newme Mon 19-Jun-17 10:02:56

I thought they never had managed tge whole resort? Housekeeping etc was always managed by the hotels.
I'm off to read the reviews

2014newme Mon 19-Jun-17 10:44:10

Oh dear I've read the reviews now so glad we aren't going this year! It's very expensive for a shoddy holiday!

Flyingprettycretonnecurtains Mon 19-Jun-17 10:59:51

Just back from Ocean Elements in Vassiliki. Really, really good. The kids clubs coordinators are really good and it is cheaper than Nielson. The kit they use is top notch and all new. Beds are rather hard - that's my only gripe. Husband went with Mark Warner last year to Sardinia and said it was very good.

mummymeister Tue 20-Jun-17 21:35:36

I find all the beds in Greece too hard so glad it wasn't just me as it was my only gripe about ocean elements in vasiliki. my kids had a whale of a time there.

langlandgirl Thu 22-Jun-17 07:35:15

we've done Sivota a couple of times with Neilson in that area (re Vass) & other turkish/greek resorts with them, so wanted a change. Sardinia was perfect option for us - dd road bike freak - and it's on my bucket list. worried now that our expectations will not be met and yes as you say, a lot of money for a shoddy holiday - could have got for an AI package instead (not really our thing - we go for the biking and access to friends on tap for dd) sad

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in