Talk

Advanced search

Lake Geneva v La Rochelle

(7 Posts)
Sukistjames Sun 18-Jun-17 20:37:55

Found holiday deals to both places for me and a friend and unsure of which to go for. Has anyone been? What is there to do? Is it expensive?

OP’s posts: |
BossyBitch Sun 18-Jun-17 20:44:13

Anything on the Swiss side of Lake Geneva is ludicrously expensive, as in: makes your eyes water. I've been in Switzerland for work for the past three years and still feel like breaking into tears at the cost of my weekly shop every Friday.

It's also a really nice place, though.

doodlejump1980 Sun 18-Jun-17 20:44:36

La Rochelle is amazing. Went there on honeymoon. You must check out Il de Re - there's some amazing harbour-side seafood restaurants with the most amazing freshest produce ever.

Acopyofacopy Sun 18-Jun-17 20:50:44

Lake Geneva is breathtakingly beautiful. There's the lake, of course, with lovely "beaches" (no sand), water sports, ferries to ride to pop over to France.
Lausanne, Montreux, vineyards, mountains, the freshest air you will ever breathe. A view of snow topped Mont Blanc. Sunsets over the Alps.
We used to live there, in the summer it's like paradise. A very expensive paradise. grin

LIZS Sun 18-Jun-17 20:55:11

French side of lake Geneva likely to be cheaper, relatively speaking! Weather can be changeable.

BoogleMcGroogle Sun 18-Jun-17 22:00:32

French side of the lake is gorgeous and not hugely expensive. I know Evian well and there are many lovely little beaches and safe swimming.

Sukistjames Sun 02-Jul-17 09:01:42

Oops! Forgot I posted this. Thank you for the replies. after further research we've decided to go elsewhere this year.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in