Talk

Advanced search

Dickhead boyfriend

(65 Posts)
Lilyloo456 Fri 16-Jun-17 15:42:00

Please help. Due to fly to Greece next Friday, however boyfriend can't find his passport ( why he's left it till now to look for it is another matter). Getting a new one is out of the question as there's no guarantee it will arrive in time - so it looks like I will be going by myself. My question is will it cost anything to get him taken off the booking?
I may sound like a callous cow but I've been crying all day at how much of a idiot he is and I'm not prepared to lose a good holiday just cos he's a useless idiot smile

needsomesunshineandwine Fri 16-Jun-17 15:42:54

Can you not get same day passport?

GreenTulips Fri 16-Jun-17 15:43:40

You don't need to take him off - he just won't show up

You could change the details and ask a friend to go with you

Good for you to be still going

needsomesunshineandwine Fri 16-Jun-17 15:44:09

Ah, not available for lost passport.

Creatureofthenight Fri 16-Jun-17 15:44:36

He needs an appointment at a passport office for a same day passport- will cost a few bob but that's his problem! Or change his name on the plane tickets and take a mate! But that will cost too.

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 16-Jun-17 15:44:49

Google Premium passport. He can get one same day.

GreenTulips Fri 16-Jun-17 15:45:10

Same day is £128 bit you need to go sit in the passport offices

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 16-Jun-17 15:45:25

Not for lost passports? That's annoying.

Lilyloo456 Fri 16-Jun-17 15:50:20

They will only issue a new passport on the same day if it's a renewal- for a lost one it will take a week. Also we live in Cornwall and the nearest passport office is in wales and their next appointment is on Tuesday so in reality it's not going to happen. I don't have much of a choice but to go by myself as i really don't want to waste all that money sad I'm so sad and pissed off

Hersetta427 Fri 16-Jun-17 15:51:30

It doesn't say you can't use the 1 day service if you have lost your passport.

I would get him to make an appointment for next week.

www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently

tribpot Fri 16-Jun-17 15:51:59

The 1 day service isn't available but the one week fast track is. (I realise you are going in one week but perhaps it's worth a shot).

Personally I'd just leave him here and go and have a good time.

Hersetta427 Fri 16-Jun-17 15:54:44

Ahh. bizarrely it is hidden away in the prices section.

I would get one done today or tomorrow and hope for the best (worst case you go by yourself.

ijustwannadance Fri 16-Jun-17 15:55:12

I gegged on a holiday a few years ago when someone dropped out last minute. Cost about £50 to change name for flights etc. Do you have anyone else that could go with you?

Lilyloo456 Fri 16-Jun-17 15:55:25

I've rang the passport office this morning and was told the one day wasn't a option and if I went for the week option there's no guarantee it would arrive in time

Cakescakescakes Fri 16-Jun-17 15:56:08

Could he get the one week service then fly it and join you a day later?

Cakescakescakes Fri 16-Jun-17 15:56:16

Fly out

UsedToBeAPaxmanFan Fri 16-Jun-17 15:58:12

My dh dud a similar thing to me once (not lost passport, but didn't double check dates and only realised 10 days before we went on a to manic city break that he was speaking at a conference....). I paid about £20 to get his name taken off and a friend came with me instead. We had a lovely time although not the romantic break I'd planned!

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Fri 16-Jun-17 15:58:24

Advertise for a man with his name to go with you!! May be a better option long term!!?!

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 16-Jun-17 16:07:06

No guarantee but it's worth a punt...

DerelictWreck Fri 16-Jun-17 16:14:34

Surely he needed his passport when you booked it? You need passport number etc for the flight bookings and tickets. Was this a long time ago? Can you get him to remember where he was when he used it for those details?

Lilyloo456 Fri 16-Jun-17 16:57:53

Thanks for all your replies, he has a peculiar surname so chances of finding someone the same is pretty slim 😆 I'm looking into getting someone else to come. Yeah he had it literally a month ago so it's in the house somewhere apparently 🙄 but he's put it in a safe place and can't remember where. The idiot

tribpot Fri 16-Jun-17 17:21:36

Why did you phone the passport office instead of him? Is he very fussed about sorting the problem out?

SwedishEdith Fri 16-Jun-17 17:25:40

Oh, I bet it turns up before you go.

LaurieFairyCake Fri 16-Jun-17 17:27:55

He's probably only had a 'man look' for it

It'll be on the kitchen table under a take away menu hmmgrin

rollonthesummer Fri 16-Jun-17 17:28:37

It's not in the printer/scanner, is it? I left mine in there once-I had photocopies it to have a spare copy and left it in there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now