Talk

Advanced search

Dickhead boyfriend

(65 Posts)
Lilyloo456 Fri 16-Jun-17 15:42:00

Please help. Due to fly to Greece next Friday, however boyfriend can't find his passport ( why he's left it till now to look for it is another matter). Getting a new one is out of the question as there's no guarantee it will arrive in time - so it looks like I will be going by myself. My question is will it cost anything to get him taken off the booking?
I may sound like a callous cow but I've been crying all day at how much of a idiot he is and I'm not prepared to lose a good holiday just cos he's a useless idiot smile

OP’s posts: |
needsomesunshineandwine Fri 16-Jun-17 15:42:54

Can you not get same day passport?

GreenTulips Fri 16-Jun-17 15:43:40

You don't need to take him off - he just won't show up

You could change the details and ask a friend to go with you

Good for you to be still going

needsomesunshineandwine Fri 16-Jun-17 15:44:09

Ah, not available for lost passport.

Creatureofthenight Fri 16-Jun-17 15:44:36

He needs an appointment at a passport office for a same day passport- will cost a few bob but that's his problem! Or change his name on the plane tickets and take a mate! But that will cost too.

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 16-Jun-17 15:44:49

Google Premium passport. He can get one same day.

GreenTulips Fri 16-Jun-17 15:45:10

Same day is £128 bit you need to go sit in the passport offices

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 16-Jun-17 15:45:25

Not for lost passports? That's annoying.

Lilyloo456 Fri 16-Jun-17 15:50:20

They will only issue a new passport on the same day if it's a renewal- for a lost one it will take a week. Also we live in Cornwall and the nearest passport office is in wales and their next appointment is on Tuesday so in reality it's not going to happen. I don't have much of a choice but to go by myself as i really don't want to waste all that money sad I'm so sad and pissed off

Hersetta427 Fri 16-Jun-17 15:51:30

It doesn't say you can't use the 1 day service if you have lost your passport.

I would get him to make an appointment for next week.

www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently

tribpot Fri 16-Jun-17 15:51:59

The 1 day service isn't available but the one week fast track is. (I realise you are going in one week but perhaps it's worth a shot).

Personally I'd just leave him here and go and have a good time.

Hersetta427 Fri 16-Jun-17 15:54:44

Ahh. bizarrely it is hidden away in the prices section.

I would get one done today or tomorrow and hope for the best (worst case you go by yourself.

ijustwannadance Fri 16-Jun-17 15:55:12

I gegged on a holiday a few years ago when someone dropped out last minute. Cost about £50 to change name for flights etc. Do you have anyone else that could go with you?

Lilyloo456 Fri 16-Jun-17 15:55:25

I've rang the passport office this morning and was told the one day wasn't a option and if I went for the week option there's no guarantee it would arrive in time

Cakescakescakes Fri 16-Jun-17 15:56:08

Could he get the one week service then fly it and join you a day later?

Cakescakescakes Fri 16-Jun-17 15:56:16

Fly out

UsedToBeAPaxmanFan Fri 16-Jun-17 15:58:12

My dh dud a similar thing to me once (not lost passport, but didn't double check dates and only realised 10 days before we went on a to manic city break that he was speaking at a conference....). I paid about £20 to get his name taken off and a friend came with me instead. We had a lovely time although not the romantic break I'd planned!

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Fri 16-Jun-17 15:58:24

Advertise for a man with his name to go with you!! May be a better option long term!!?!

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 16-Jun-17 16:07:06

No guarantee but it's worth a punt...

DerelictWreck Fri 16-Jun-17 16:14:34

Surely he needed his passport when you booked it? You need passport number etc for the flight bookings and tickets. Was this a long time ago? Can you get him to remember where he was when he used it for those details?

Lilyloo456 Fri 16-Jun-17 16:57:53

Thanks for all your replies, he has a peculiar surname so chances of finding someone the same is pretty slim 😆 I'm looking into getting someone else to come. Yeah he had it literally a month ago so it's in the house somewhere apparently 🙄 but he's put it in a safe place and can't remember where. The idiot

tribpot Fri 16-Jun-17 17:21:36

Why did you phone the passport office instead of him? Is he very fussed about sorting the problem out?

SwedishEdith Fri 16-Jun-17 17:25:40

Oh, I bet it turns up before you go.

LaurieFairyCake Fri 16-Jun-17 17:27:55

He's probably only had a 'man look' for it

It'll be on the kitchen table under a take away menu hmmgrin

rollonthesummer Fri 16-Jun-17 17:28:37

It's not in the printer/scanner, is it? I left mine in there once-I had photocopies it to have a spare copy and left it in there!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in