Talk

Advanced search

Help! Boarding passes don't match passports

(13 Posts)
Purdyandwheezy Wed 14-Jun-17 09:54:38

We fly next week. When I initially made the booking for a thomson package holiday I put all our names in but didn't put middle names in the booking. I then panicked so went into the Thompson shop and they said don't worry as long as I put the advanced passenger information in correctly it would be ok. I've done the advanced passenger information correctly with middle names included and printed off the boarding pass this morning and the boarding pass includes the names as I originally typed them - without middle names. Does anyone know if this is likely to be a problem? I'm going to try to find a contact number for them in the meantime but any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

dementedpixie Wed 14-Jun-17 09:59:14

I really don't think it matters. Our middle names are never on the boarding passes

Groovee Wed 14-Jun-17 10:00:17

We have only ever have initials or first name on boarding passes. Along as those match you will be fine.

poisonedbypen Wed 14-Jun-17 10:01:22

It will be fine. We never have our middle names on boarding passes. The problem would be if you were Miss Jones who had married Mr Smith and your boarding pass said Mrs Smith but your passport still said Miss Jones.

Purdyandwheezy Wed 14-Jun-17 10:23:56

Thanks. I spoke to someone over the phone just now who said it is ok. I might pop into thomson later just for triple confirmation! Hate the thought of getting a big fee to pay at the airport. I start getting really paranoid doing these things and start thinking is that definitely my date of birth etc!

dementedpixie Wed 14-Jun-17 10:33:33

It really isn't a problem as long as first name and surname match.

SensitiveSoinSo Wed 14-Jun-17 10:36:28

When you drop your bags off at check in they will update the info when they scan your passports. Dont worry.

Chicken4dinner Sun 18-Jun-17 12:00:34

All of you saying that it doesn't matter, be careful because it does depend where you're going.

For travel to Hong Kong for example, the passport, booking and boarding pass must all match including middle names.

Hersetta427 Mon 19-Jun-17 09:09:45

I have never put Middle names in for a Thompson holiday and we have holidayed with them twice a year for the last 8 years.

MummysMaison Mon 19-Jun-17 09:12:23

Middle names don't need to be included. Every destination ive ever flown to, all over the world, have never needed them.

Bluntness100 Mon 19-Jun-17 09:18:12

Middle names are definitely not required on boarding passes. You're fine.

Tiredemma Mon 19-Jun-17 09:24:20

I used to work for Thomsons, Airtours and Thomas Cook. It really doesn't matter. Stop panicking. You will be able to fly.

Purdyandwheezy Mon 19-Jun-17 21:25:27

Thanks all. I went into the travel agent and they said middle names don't matter so I'm happy now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now