Talk

Advanced search

Somewhere nice for tea in London with my 7 year old & 10 year old

(12 Posts)
superg2311 Mon 12-Jun-17 12:43:36

Hey Mums!

I'm off to London next week for a day trip (as requested by my 7 year old, as an alternative to a birthday party...).

After seeing the sights I would like to go somewhere nice for tea before heading home on the train. Does anyone know of a lovely restaurant to eat which would satisfy children's requirements and my requirements? e.g. not McDonalds or KFC, ha!

Thank you in advance for any advice. G x

OP’s posts: |
habibihabibi Tue 13-Jun-17 14:35:21

http://londonist.com/2016/10/londons-best-afternoon-tea-for-kids

I like e sound of the bus tea. Combines the sights with what looks like amazing food .

MonkeylovesRobot Fri 16-Jun-17 18:30:12

superg2311 Do you mean 'tea' as in 'afternoon tea', or 'tea' as in an evening meal? It would be good to know the general area you are planning to end up in, and where your train will be departing from, before making suggestions. Budget would also be good.

There are three 'chain' restaurants that immediately spring to mind that seem acceptable to both adults and children which have many outlets all over London: Pizza Express, Yo Sushi and Wagamamas.

However, there are also much nicer places to eat depending on the area you are in, and there are also nicer eating experiences too (a couple of restaurants up the Shard are OK and the views are awesome!). For a different cultural eating experience we love Rasa (vegan Indian), Honey & Co, (Israeli / Middle Eastern), the Thai in the Churchill Arms (must book and you can only have the table for an hour), Juniper Tree (NW3), Kensington Place (Seafood), and plenty more.

There's also places like Ottolenghi, Chiltern Firehouse, Sky Gardens as well - more upmarket but a special treat and likely to see some celebs too.

squeaver Fri 16-Jun-17 18:33:41

Which station will you be using?

userblablabla Fri 16-Jun-17 18:35:45

Rainforest Cafe!

n0ne Fri 16-Jun-17 18:44:02

Giraffe is very kid-friendly and has lovely food

Clembarrass Fri 16-Jun-17 18:48:30

What sort of thing were you thinking of?

My children really love My Old Dutch (pancakes) and Comptoir Libanais (Lebanese). Or Shake Shack (burgers, fries, shakes but much nicer than MacDonalds, honestly.)

superg2311 Fri 16-Jun-17 23:02:40

Thank you everyone smile By tea, I do mean evening meal (sorry! It's a north east thing... grin).
I'm not thinking too up market if I'm honest, just somewhere that serves good food and my half fussy children are welcome!
I am departing from King's Cross station.
X

squeaver Mon 19-Jun-17 14:18:03

Why don't you end the day at Granary Square, behind Kings X. Lots of nice places to eat there? www.kingscross.co.uk/granary-square

Or even in the station itself, or in St Pancras (right next door) there are quite a few good places to eat.

MonkeylovesRobot Mon 19-Jun-17 14:19:40

Yes to Granary Square, it's lovely.

MonkeylovesRobot Mon 19-Jun-17 14:20:20

www.kingscross.co.uk/eating-and-drinking

superg2311 Mon 19-Jun-17 22:48:22

Aww! Granary Square sounds perfect 👌 I feel that would relieve the time worries - pressure of getting back to King's Cross in time for the train. Thank you very much all, you have been most helpful, G x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in