Talk

Advanced search

Stroller advice!!

(13 Posts)
browneyedgirl23 Mon 29-May-17 17:44:09

My little girl will be 3 in August and walks everywhere (she hasn't used a buggy for about 4 months)
We are going away for 2 weeks and I am undecided whether I should take a buggy with us.
In the U.K. She refuses to sit in a buggy and I can only imagine being abroad in New surroundings she's going to be even worse.
I wondered if anyone had any advice or experiences with a 3 year old on holiday?
Thank you

browneyedgirl23 Tue 30-May-17 12:09:55

Anyone??

GlitteryFluff Tue 30-May-17 12:21:32

Are you going somewhere hot?
Might be useful for naps during day when weather gets too much.
Also will you eat out in the evenings, go for drinks etc? Might be useful to put her in pjs and put to sleep in buggy then you can go out past bedtime?

drspouse Tue 30-May-17 12:28:53

My now-5-yo quite liked being in the stroller (partly because his then-baby-sister was in it and he wasn't) when he was 3. So at this age we'd take the stroller and mainly he'd be in it and she'd be in a sling but sometimes he'd walk/go on the buggy board.

We are due to go away this summer and we'll take the buggy (she still asks to ride in it sometimes) and, because we'll probably take public transport a lot, a sling (like an Ergo which are OK for smaller 3yos)

browneyedgirl23 Tue 30-May-17 12:59:46

We are going away somewhere hot but have our own villa so naps will be in doors and if she naps she's up late (and we won't be out extremely late) so I know she won't use it then either

I am really undecided as I think the only time she will use it will be at the airport on the way there (we have a 6am flight)

She's an only child so won't have the 'I want to sit in the buggy because my sibling is' issue

drspouse Tue 30-May-17 14:44:37

I think it's probably worth it for the airport if you have/can borrow a really lightweight folding one.
Will you be wanting to do a lot of sightseeing/walking along sea front/museums? Boredom may set in.

Eminybob Tue 30-May-17 14:59:43

I'm having this debate with myself at the moment, DS is 3 in July and we are going away in June.
He rarely uses the stroller, unless we are going into town and that's just because it's quicker than dragging him round.

That said, he doesn't mind being in it, and will nap in it when we are out and about so it might be worth it on the days we are likely to be out all day.

browneyedgirl23 Tue 30-May-17 19:12:43

We will pop into Palma maybe once or twice and visit some markets, but again, we go shopping for 2 or 3 hours here and she walks everywhere

I just think I'll regret it either way - it's such a tough one

My LG doesn't nap at all during the day now, so that's why she doesn't use a buggy as she literally wants to walk and explore

If she does nap it will be in the villa and the days she doesn't nap we will probably go for an early dinner/eat at the villa (as I will be shattered with a 3 year old who hasn't had a nap!)

I appreciate everyone's opinions, I might see if I can get a really cheap lightweight buggy just in case!

MazDazzle Tue 30-May-17 19:16:38

Check to see if there are hire companies locally - you can usually hire buggies, cots, high chairs...even fridges! We hired a buggy for a week in Tenerife for £25. It was a good solid one as well. Bigger than what we would have brought ourselves.

Soubriquet Tue 30-May-17 19:18:02

I would taken it

The worse that could happen if you took it, is not being used

Needing one and having to buy another one is worse

missanony Tue 30-May-17 19:19:50

I took it at just turned 4, just in case and it was used every day. He napped in it, fell asleep in it at night, climbed in for some shade when we were walking. Take it!! If you don't use it it's not much hassle taking it but you might miss it if not

drspouse Tue 30-May-17 19:21:15

You can buy a cheap one for £25 too.

browneyedgirl23 Tue 30-May-17 19:38:46

Thanks everyone, it's also the fact we don't want to take up unnecessary space in the car to the airport/when we arrive, so I may look at hiring one once we are there

She doesn't actually have a buggy at the moment so id have to buy one either way

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now