Talk

Advanced search

Solo weekend away ideas please

(6 Posts)
dannyboyle Sun 28-May-17 21:19:31

Really need a weekend away. Husband is having kids but I need me time, some culture and some sleep.
Based in sw and budget not a massive issue.

Would welcome ideas please. In a rut and struggling to know what to do. Don't really want a spa weekend on its own, fancy someone near coast and somewhere different. Have car!
Locations and accommodation ideas welcomed.

Thank you for someone near the end of their tether!!!!

carrotcakecupcake Sun 28-May-17 21:31:58

I was going to suggest Bath as the thermal spa is lovely (just floating about in the rooftop pool is bliss) but you said no spa. Why about the Dorset coast; from Lulworth Cove a walk along the coastal path will clear any cobwebs!

SherlockHolmes Sun 28-May-17 21:34:45

Do you have any hobbies? I've always liked fossil hunting, so a trip to Lyme Regis would do it for me. Smashing away at rocks with a big hammer .....

Or a yoga/painting/writing/dance weekend somewhere? Or a murder mystery weekend - everyone will think you're the murderer if you're on your own grin.

Or just hole yourself up in a hotel for the weekend and read/watch telly/drink wine/eat chocolate.

dannyboyle Tue 30-May-17 15:03:14

If you pick this up then thank you both.

Dorset coast actually is a really good idea. Your comments have also made me remember that I always fancied a go on a potters wheel so will look at that as well.

Part of me just does want to hole up in a hotel for a night or so but I fear I would get bored!!

carrotcakecupcake Wed 31-May-17 22:04:08

I'll live vicariously through you; hope you have a great time!!

helpfulperson Wed 31-May-17 22:41:36

Not really got any suggestions as I don't know that area but some things to think about

Do you want to interact with people or not talk much to anyone all weekend. This will help you decide if you want to do an activity weekend or just book accommodation and do what you want.

Do you want to be waited on hand and foot with nice served meals or are you happy to raid M&S. So hotel or self catering.

Would you want to go out and about in which case location is important or would you like a weekend staying in with book, ipad, box sets etc in which case accommodation is important.

If you think sleeping will feature heavily then self catering is good as no timescales for breakfast or room cleaning.

Whatever you do have fun. And that's your definition of fun not anyone elses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now