Talk

Advanced search

Holiday with 9 Year Old and 4 Month Old

(5 Posts)
amelie427 Sun 28-May-17 15:42:54

I'm looking for a holiday in August with my partner, 9 year old step son and new baby who will be 4 months.

I'm getting totally lost in internet searches so I'm hoping for some recommendations...

The holiday will mostly be geared around 9 year old DSS - he would like water slides and a swim up room (!!!). There doesn't need to be a full on water park, just a few slides would be enough. The swim up room would be a bonus, not a necessitywink. Being near a beach would be great too but we could live without it.

Personally, as I'll likely be sitting in the shade feeding a baby for large chunks of time, I'd like somewhere with a nice view.

Without sounding like a snob, we'd prefer somewhere that isn't totally over-run with English people. Totally happy for English people to be around of course (as we will be!), but would like to feel like we're abroad. Or perhaps somewhere relatively small & quiet would do the trick.

We don't want to go too far south (Greece etc would probably be too hot), so we're thinking perhaps Majorca.

In the past we've done eurocamp holidays which we've loved, but we'd rather something a bit more catered. We've also done all inclusive resort holidays, but they've been a bit too busy/English (is that the price you pay for the facilities?).

Does such a resort/hotel exist?!

Thanks smile

2014newme Sun 28-May-17 17:37:22

Ikos Olivia or similar?

2014newme Sun 28-May-17 17:37:44

Oh sorry that's Greece

2014newme Sun 28-May-17 19:33:08

Tots too and baby boltholes are good websites for holidays with little ones

MrEBear Sun 28-May-17 19:35:05

Similar dilemma - looking for ideas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now