Talk

Advanced search

Pine cliff portugal or other alternatives for summer

(9 Posts)
FlourishingMrs Sat 27-May-17 23:28:32

Has anyone been to pine cliffs in Portugal? Looking to go there or suitable alternative this summer. We have dc 21', 11 and a baby.

My other have and our 11 year old are very sporty. Good swimming with access to local town/restaurants are important.

Been to Barbados, Antigua, skiing etc but would like close to the uk with stunning beaches.

A1Sharon Sun 28-May-17 22:22:38

I haven't been here but my friend has been every year for 10 years! I think they have done the hotel before but prefer the apartments now. They're kids are 12/10/8.
I think it's a bit of a walk to the beach though?
They love it, good food and facilities etc. I can ask her if you have a specific question?

FlourishingMrs Mon 29-May-17 05:55:17

Thank you Sharon,I would like to know if it's easy to visit local towns and if there are local restaurants etc within easy reach as we will have a baby and we don't want to feel trapped in a resort.

larrygrylls Mon 29-May-17 07:35:34

Pine Cliffs is v large. This means it is pretty self contained with several restaurants, gym, sports facilities etc. The apartments are HUGE which is fantastic but some blocks are a considerable walk from the nearest cafe/restaurant which can be a bore with small children.

The prices are eye wateringly high, especially in the holidays which attracts a certain type of clientele (bankers, hedgies, the Russian crowd) which you either like or don't.

The kids' club is superb which is a big selling point for those with young children.

There is a nice beach and beach cafe at one end of the resort but it is, again, a fair trek.

There is a pizzeria and some (pretty crap) shops out the back. Otherwise it is pretty isolated unless you drive. I suspect most don't leave the resort much.

We went three times before we were constrained to school hols when the prices and relentless attempt to position it super upmarket put us off.

A1Sharon Mon 29-May-17 13:42:43

Spoke with my friend, there is a place called Olhos de Agua just to the right as you come on to the beach, you can walk to it if tide is out. There are plenty of lovely restaurants etc there, it is a little fishing village. They eat there quite a bit. Outside the resort is a row of grotty shops selling the usual tat, but there is a good Italian there too. Although they have never used public transport-they use taxis-she thinks there is a bus nearby.

putdownyourphone Mon 29-May-17 13:48:43

Been there - lovely and very family friendly, and has a beach

FlourishingMrs Thu 01-Jun-17 11:23:05

It sounds so lovely but can't get any 2 beds, only 3 beds for 10K so back to the drawing board.

Need to think of somewhere not too hot for our baby but fun for the 11 year old.

A1Sharon Thu 01-Jun-17 13:16:12

What about La Manga?

FlourishingMrs Sun 04-Jun-17 21:56:41

Hi Sharon, managed to book pine cliff on Expedia.cheaper than travel agents. Will let you know how it goes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now