Talk

Advanced search

Cornwall / Ireland / Wales?

(6 Posts)
mummyrabbitpeppapig Fri 26-May-17 20:17:47

Going on holiday for 1st time all together. D's 19 with ASD ( relevant ) dss 12 with ASD DD 3 my partner and myself. He says Cornwall in a caravan - I think caravan with all of us and our needs plus 5 hour drive ( were in West Yorkshire ) = nightmare. So I suggested Wales or Ireland ( the boys don't have passports ). 24/07/17 for a week. Cornwall prices are 1k plus for a week! Ideas most welcome! Tia

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Fri 26-May-17 20:26:07

Norfolk Broads?
Cumbria?
Cornwall is beautiful (I live here) but I drive from here to Leeds a few times a year and it is a long slog. However, if you want tropical looking beaches then we are the place to be!

PhuntSox Sat 27-May-17 11:51:36

We found holiday cottages cheaper than caravans! Try millyandmartha.com

GavelRavel Sat 27-May-17 11:56:13

yes holiday cottage much better idea i reckon. Cor wall is lovely, but will be busy by yiur datws, might be harder for the boys if they dont like crowds. The pembrokshire coast us also stunning and similar to cornwall, but not as.crowded. Prices can be cheaper too. Anywhere between Tenby and St Davids is lovely for a family holiday. St Davids has Whitesands Bay nearby which is a great family beach with facilities and there is a caravan park there.

PhuntSox Sat 27-May-17 12:24:52

Also North Wales is worth a look.

dreamingofsun Sat 27-May-17 14:31:39

second gravel's post, though much happier for everyone to go to cornwall, so that pembrokeshire remains less popular and cheaper

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now