Talk

Advanced search

Paris any recommendations or musts

(6 Posts)
user1494340956 Wed 24-May-17 17:57:15

Hi all,
We are off to Paris (my partner and I) for the first time this weekend. We will be there for 4 days any recommendations or musts and any advice happily welcome. Any hidden gems or off the beaten track finds?
Thank you grin

user1494340956 Wed 24-May-17 19:34:54

Anyone? blush

rainbowthunder Thu 25-May-17 12:13:24

You will no doubt go to the normal tourist place but we love it round Notre Dame and the Latin Quarter. We just love to wonder round there both in the day and on an evening.

Sacre Coeur is worth a visit, some nice views and see the artists.

If you visit the Eiffel Tower you can get back to the main tourist area by taking a nice boat trip.

mrsmortis Thu 25-May-17 12:17:10

I love Versailles - at this time of year the gardens should be lovely. I actually prefer the gardens and the Trianon to the main house, so if you don't have all day I'd suggest doing that.

rainbowthunder Thu 25-May-17 12:46:08

I can second Versailles as being worthwhile. As you are in Paris for 4 days definitely worth a day out one day. You'll still have enough time for everything else. If you are staying in central Paris you can get a RER train to Versailles.

user1494340956 Fri 02-Jun-17 11:54:19

Thank you all for your replies, we had a brilliant time and truly fell in love with Paris. Unfortunately we didn't have time to make it to Versailles, we shall save that until next time wine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now