Talk

Advanced search

Early teen tween camp site recommendations or cheap fun holiday May

(5 Posts)
Brighteyes27 Tue 23-May-17 22:06:03

Suggestions please for last minute cheap fun campsites or cheap holiday in the UK north west, yorks, Scotland for an early teen and a tween we just want a few days not a full week that the kids would enjoy.

mummymeister Wed 24-May-17 15:26:11

May half term - you are going to just have to take whatever comes up on your searches as most places will be fully booked. also there will be minimum nights stays as its school holidays.

I would just look at availability and go with whatever looks the best. last minute and school holidays don't usually go together sadly.

Brighteyes27 Wed 24-May-17 21:56:44

Well thanks for your help mummymeister I would love to have had my week organized before now but due to husband being recently made redundant and my own job looking uncertain and having secondary school age children we have no choice but to go half term we also wanted to keep our options open in case either of us had any interviews or if I had to attend a consultation meeting and to see what the weather was like in terms of camping up north.

mummymeister Thu 25-May-17 11:57:33

looks like camping would be a good option based on the weather reports. sorry wasn't trying to be unhelpful as had no idea of the reasons why you were booking so late. have you looked on something like booking.com for the sort of flash sales that they do on hotels or b and b's. Picked up a bargain for a London hotel one night stay (university open days!) last night by total chance.

you could be really bold and just pile in the car and take a trip and see what you come across. sometimes if a hotel has a vacancy you turn up and offer to take it they will reduce it heavily.

hope you manage to find something.

ILookedintheWater Thu 25-May-17 12:30:58

check out ukcampsite.co.uk for campsites with last minute availability.
For more 'holiday camp' type places with static vans have a look at breakfreeholidays.co.uk.
Good hunting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now