Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone applied for a Russian visa recently?

(10 Posts)
Allinafankle Tue 23-May-17 19:20:12

I'm in the process of applying for a Russian tourist visa and am at the point of listing any trips made I'm the last 10 years. Do I seriously have to list every one? Or just the ones with stamps in my passport / recent trips? I can't remember the dates of every trip and I'm quite a frequent traveller - it'll take forever!

Noofly Tue 23-May-17 21:11:49

We applied in February. I put all the trips with stamps in our passports and added a few more so it didn't look like I was just putting the ones with stamps. grin No idea how much attention they pay to that bit- it's not as though it can be verified without the stamps...

exexpat Tue 23-May-17 21:17:14

I applied for me & two DC a couple of years ago and only put down the ones with stamps.

I would have to go through every diary (if I could find them) for the past ten years to work out every European trip I had been on and the school ones the DCs had been on separately from me.

I reckon if we lived somewhere like Luxembourg we could be crossing borders on a daily basis, so they can't expect everyone to put down every EEA border crossing in a 10-year period. We got the visas no problem.

I had to laugh at some of the questions - no, my 11-year-old has not had any training in nuclear or biological warfare...

Allinafankle Wed 24-May-17 20:44:44

Thanks both, that's quite reassuring! I'm a bit worried because one of my stamps is Ukraine. It that can't be helped. smile

Eastpoint Wed 24-May-17 20:46:56

Dd went & I listed everywhere she had been, the Russian teacher at school told us it was important to be honest.

MardAsSnails Sat 08-Jul-17 14:52:56

OP did you have any issue getting your visa with ukraine stamps?

I didn't even think of that when we decided to go to Ukraine instead of Moscow for a city break (my passport had two non-adjoining pages left so couldn't get a Russian visa).

Allinafankle Tue 11-Jul-17 21:56:51

I'm just back from Russia Mard and there was absolutely no problem with having the Ukraine stamp. Phew!!

Criminail Fri 14-Jul-17 17:31:23

looking forward to my trip to Russia. Does anybody know if I need to get Russian visa invitation to my 1 year old. According to ivisaonline.com/russian-visa-invitation every person needs an invitation. Is that correct?

Noofly Fri 14-Jul-17 19:04:53

Yes, they will need one because you can't get a visa without the invitation - each person will have a different reference number on their invitation for their visa application.

MardAsSnails Sat 15-Jul-17 10:09:15

Good news All !

Suppose I should start coming up with my list of countries - seeing as I've hit 9 in the last year, it could take a while. Looking at going in Feb for our annual cold weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now