Talk

Advanced search

Holiday advice - 10 y/o active twins

(8 Posts)
Xocaraic Tue 23-May-17 15:27:22

Hi,
I wonder if any other parents or guardians out that could help me pick a location for next year (2018) summer holiday. Don't laugh, because of various scheduling challenges, we need to arrange a year in advance.
Twins love places like EuroCamp or Holiday Villages as they like to make friends and generally are the social sort. So, villas for us haven't worked in the past. We have looked at Bella Italia (Lake Garda) but ruled that out due to various commentators saying vans were packed in like sardines. This year we are going to Kos so didn't really want to go back there again. We have done Portugal, France, Spain, US (Kissimmee), Canada and Cyprus in recent years but not adverse to going back to any of these. Twins like activities, so I tend to pick places with sports, mostly tennis and football but they also love water activities (kayaking, paddleboarding)
I would like a two bed, two bath place if possible as we usually end up with someone on the loo and someone else yelling outside the door if we get only one bath. I would again if possible, a less than 1 hour journey from the airport and finally, somewhere that is not in the middle of nowhere but has a few bars, shops, maybe even a supermarket nearby . I am happy with all inclusive.

Am looking at Mark Warner and Neilsons at the mo but not sure.

Has anyone any helpful suggestions or guidance on maybe comparisons sites or similar to help me choose where to go next year?

Thanks in advance.

Mary21 Tue 23-May-17 16:20:38

I liked the look of this bug my kids were too old when we discovered it
acornfamilyholidays.co.uk/activity-holidays/spain/cala-llevado.html
We did this at a similar age

www.explore.co.uk/holidays/turkey-family-holiday

Xocaraic Tue 23-May-17 21:17:04

Mary21, these look terrific. Thank you so very much,

2014newme Tue 23-May-17 23:35:29

My active twins loved neilsons but it is very expensive in school hols. We are in Mexico at the moment, day 2 and they've already done zipwiring, climbing wall and bungee trampolines as well as the usual pool etc. Mauritius is also good with lots of tennis, watersports etc. For us long haul works out Cheaper than Neilsons. Also they like ve new York

2014newme Tue 23-May-17 23:37:16

Sorry, they loved new York

I'd consider Canada for your active pair

Xocaraic Wed 24-May-17 02:52:15

Thanks 24. Enjoy your break

mummymeister Wed 24-May-17 15:24:31

we are hoping to go to Oregon. similar to Canada with lots of outdoors stuff. we did also enjoy a great week in vassiliki at ocean elements. its limited to sailing and windsurfing but had a great club in the afternoon for preteens/teens and ours all had a blast there. would only do one week though as that was enough organised fun for me personally.

Xocaraic Thu 25-May-17 15:14:54

Mummeister, thanks, I will check it out. Great tip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now