Talk

Advanced search

Is it worth to check-in online?

(3 Posts)
bangingmyheadoffabrickwall Mon 22-May-17 21:58:29

Flying with Jet2 from Leeds Bradford to Turkey next week.

We have the option to check in online. Is it worth it and does it mean we simply drop off the bags rather than have to go through the check-in desk?

I cannot remember for sure but a few years ago when we flew with jet2 we checked in online and we STILL had to queue at the check-in desk, check our luggage in whilst they checked tickets and passports.

We don't actually get charged whether we check-in online or at the airport but if it simply just printing our boarding passes, I don't see the point. I can only see why it is useful IF you were boarding with just hand luggage, if that's the case.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Also, my 'manage my booking' section of the website stated I could check-in online from Turkey to Leeds Bradford but then in the Q&A section it says Turkey does not have the facilities for this.

No wonder I am confused!

BarbaraofSeville Tue 23-May-17 09:09:23

You have to queue in the same place to drop your bags off whether you check in online or not and even if you check in online, they will still look at your passports and boarding cards.

The earlier you check in, the better chance you have of getting seats together without having to pay, although if there are a few of you, you may have already missed that boat because online check in with Jet2 starts 28 days in advance.

I don't think they charge any extra to check in at the airport, but for future reference bear in mind, that some airlines, particularly Ryanair charge an absolute fortune to check in at the airport (£40 per person I think).

I checked in the other day for our holiday in mid June and we got seats together for free both ways, but that's just 2 of us, during term time.

If you leave it until you get to the airport, there might not be any seats left together for you all, as most people will have already checked in online.

bangingmyheadoffabrickwall Tue 23-May-17 14:53:49

We have pre booked our seats anyways so that's not a problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now