Talk

Advanced search

How much money to take? Greek island in half term

(4 Posts)
theliverpoolone Fri 19-May-17 22:32:47

Going to one of the Greek islands for half term, just me and dd (9). All inclusive. Not had a holiday for 3 years, never been all inclusive before, and never holidayed just me and dd, so no idea how much/little money we might need! Hoping to go on a couple of trips, and to eat out elsewhere at least once. Also not sure how much to take as Euros and how much either on one of those pre-paid card things (are they worth getting?) or using my debit card when there (would worry a bit incase it got lost/stolen). Any advice appreciated! TIA

specialsubject Sat 20-May-17 09:29:44

Take £100 odd in euros and withdraw the rest as needed with your normal attention to budget. Put money on a prepay too, always have a backup.

Remember to tell bank you are abroad.

Assume UK prices for eating out, hope for a nice surprise! Excursion prices should be available on line but it does depend what you are doing.

OnyK Sat 20-May-17 11:44:35

I would take a couple of hundred Euros and then withdraw any extra you need when you're there.
Meals out cost similar to the UK, but portions are larger. Be aware that many places in Greece prefer cash and don't have debit/credit card facilities, so I would check that there's an ATM near where you're staying.

The hotel will have a safe to keep your card/cash/passport secure.

theliverpoolone Sat 20-May-17 22:30:31

Thanks for the advice. Bought £160 worth of Euros today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now