Talk

Advanced search

3 wks August, pregnant w toddler, where?!

(5 Posts)
SparkleMotion82 Wed 17-May-17 16:10:49

Hello!

Would be really grateful for any suggestions at all. We have 3-4 weeks to travel in August, a 17 month old (will be then) and I will be 5.5 months pregnant. I'm a nervous flyer but was considering going further afield than Europe, but am getting myself stressed out wondering where to go, also without it being crazily expensive in August.
Would it be better to stay in Europe than deal with long haul with a jet lagged toddler, pregnant?!
I know we are so lucky to get this much time off for a break - any recommendations or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you so much smile

KitKat1985 Fri 19-May-17 12:23:37

Personally I think doing long haul when pregnant with a toddler sounds like it could be pretty stressful. I think Europe may be better.

I'd also avoid anywhere too hot as toddler's hate it and it's no fun when pregnant.

What sort of holiday were you thinking of? Mainly chilling by the pool or the type of holiday where you will be doing lots?

I'm kind of thinking Algarve for you maybe? Short flight. Nice mix of things to do and very family friendly, and there's usually a breeze so it helps cool you down a bit.

SparkleMotion82 Fri 19-May-17 12:47:16

Thank you so much for responding KitKat1985. I think I'm putting pressure on myself to go further afield as we haven't flown long haul in ages because I don't like flying. I thought it would be a good opportunity before we have another baby but the whole thing is really stressing me out. We have spent a lot of time in Spain but I've only been to the Algarve once when I was young so not sure what there is to do there? In Europe I was thinking of maybe Croatia, Greece or Scandinavia...not sure if these are terrible ideas... 😳😫 Thank you so much for your thoughts!!!

SparkleMotion82 Fri 19-May-17 12:48:13

Oh, PS I was thinking of a mix of pool / beach time and interesting other stuff to do if poss!

KitKat1985 Fri 19-May-17 13:30:17

I can't comment on Croatia or Scandanavia as I've never been to them, although I'm sure they are lovely. Greece is amazing though. Very family friendly, and loads of interesting things to do as well as nice pools and beaches. Do be aware a lot of the islands will be very hot in August though. We went to Corfu in June once and it was already hitting 36c!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now