Talk

Advanced search

We are flying to Zante in half term with ds5 and ds2, any wonderful 'keep them amused' plane ideas?

(6 Posts)
Swifey Wed 17-May-17 08:13:58

They are not that interested in the iPad or activity books, but will pack those of course. The flight is 3.5 hours. At home they just love littering about outside, and playing, so I think they will find it quite difficult on the plane. Any fabulous ideas for keeping them entertained?

Swifey Wed 17-May-17 11:36:55

Bumping my own thread smile

Fortysix Wed 17-May-17 15:22:59

IPads weren't about when mine were that age so we relied on stickers and blue tack and stuck things to seat back and window.
Also i used to do pass the parcel style wrappers on little toys and we took a wrapper off every five mins or so - spacing them out to the max - then eventually unwrapping a new toy to play with until they were board and then brought out a new one... little toys were things like toy cars, trains, magnets but you may need to think about avoiding choke hazards for the little one..

Fortysix Wed 17-May-17 15:23:30

bored LOL

bangingmyheadoffabrickwall Wed 17-May-17 21:14:17

I am in the same position - two kids aged 5 and 2 but going to Turkey during half term.

We're taking the ipads and luckily our kids LOVE them but obviously cannot have them onboard on the return journey as new rules mean they have to go in the hold luggage but seeing as we have a 10:45pm flight back, I am hoping they will sleep.

Friends recommended the following to me:
Crayola Colour Wonder
Obvious od drawing and colouring books
Activity books for my 5 year old
Small toys - cars, trains, figures etc
Small city Lego sets for my 5 year old
New story books

I am hoping that boredom doesn't set in until about 20 mins after take off. My 5 year old hasn't been on a plane since he was 2 and this is the first time for my 2 year old DD who is a handful, hyper and likely to be bouncing off the cabin walls! Luckily we have 3 adults with us, probably a spare seat and they will wander up and down the aisle too - they need to stretch their legs and hopefully the travellers behind and in front are in the same position and have eager, hyper little monsters who an keep each other entertained!

Misty9 Sat 20-May-17 22:10:16

Ours the same ages are usually entertained by magazines (comics), sticker books for youngest, copious snacks, looking out the window (after fighting over who'll get the window seat of course). Dh even usually manages a nap! Neck pillow toys are good, we were bought some peppa pig ones which turn from a neck pillow to the character and they've been great. Toilet trips also kill a bit of time grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now