Talk

Advanced search

America

(4 Posts)
Floppywillow Mon 15-May-17 18:04:38

Hello I am going on a road trip in the states starting at Houston Texas with no children. We can either head east towards New York or west towards Las Vegas. I am really not sure which way so would like some advice on things to see or do. Maybe you have completed the road trip. Thank you in advance.

outabout Mon 15-May-17 18:11:10

Hi
Suggest you look on maps for the many 'National parks' and see how many you could fit in between your possible start and end points.
I would be tempted to suggest heading towards Las Vegas as (if my geography is correct) you get near (?) Grand Canyon although other canyons can be 'better' (eg. Bryce and Canyonlands).
Depends what you want to see/ do though.

RusholmeRuffian Wed 17-May-17 15:17:37

What do you want to see? What are your interests and how much time do you have? I have done coast to coast road trips so would be happy to make recommendations but need something to go on!

chemenger Thu 18-May-17 08:04:58

How long do you have and do you have to do a round trip? Houston to Las Vegas is 1500 miles, most of it through not very exciting desert, unless you detour quite a lot. Big Bend national park is meant to be lovely, and Austin is a great city by all accounts. In southeast Arizona Carlsbad Caverns NP is amazing. Long drives through the desert are a special kind of boring, you find yourself excited by the anticipation of a bend in the road coming up in 10 miles. I would go east to Louisiana instead, if I had a choice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now