Talk

Advanced search

Car hire Bordeaux -any advice?

(7 Posts)
TheStorySoFar Sun 14-May-17 18:03:03

Need to hire a car-ideally a seven seater from Merignac airport in June. V tempted to hire a van like an Opel Vivaro to make sure we have enough luggage space (family of 2 adults + 4 children). Any experience anyone? It's 9 years subvert I've hired a car abroad. Was intending to put my 129cm, 26.6kg 9yo & my 102cm 18.1 kg 4yo in Trunki Boostapaks & take my 3yo's Britaxcarseat. 11 yo ok with just a seat belt. Sound ok?

TheStorySoFar Sun 14-May-17 18:04:38

Ps
I intend to take out 'full protection' insurance cover.

TheStorySoFar Sun 14-May-17 18:12:02

Cheeky bump-would like to book asap😉

Pilotguy Sun 14-May-17 19:49:52

All the big companies are at arrivals at Bordeaux. I usually use Europcar, find them pretty fairly priced. if you've prebooked just go straight to the car collection cabins in parking, don't queue inside. From parking you are nearly straight onto the Bordeaux pèriphique, the A630 Autoroute, I think. Fairly painless getting a car at any almost airport these days.

Wreckingball25 Fri 19-May-17 17:04:27

We used firefly last month and they were excellent, lovely little Renault Clio with integral sat nav, brand new. They're on the main parking but rather than the airport concourse though.

paulox Sun 21-May-17 12:18:22

Don't take out the car hire company's 'full protection' insurance. Use a company such as www.insurance4carhire.com/daily-car-hire-excess-insurance to cover the car hire company excess. You can get it for a single trip, or an annual policy. It's much cheaper.

lottysmum Sun 21-May-17 12:30:15

My advice would be take your own car seats - we hired a car recently in France and had a nightmare getting a car seat (3yr old) through the car hire company that was not broken - they ended up getting one from another branch - total nightmare over 1 hr to resolve ..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now