Talk

Advanced search

"infant comfort seat" with Ryanair

(7 Posts)
cheeseoverchocolate Sat 13-May-17 09:17:04

Hi everyone,

We are about to book flights with Ryanair 2 adults and a one year old. The low cost of the tickets means it wouldn't cost us much more to book an adult seat for her (so we know there is no one sat next to us on the plane). How do we go about booking it? The website tells us to ring to make a booking for an "infant comfort seat" but when we rang we were told we had to book online with the third seat under the name "infant comfort seat" then ring them again afterwards to add our daughter's name to our booking. Has anyone got any experience with this with Ryanair? I have this vision of us following the call centre's instructions and writing "infant comfort seat" as our daughter's name to be told afterwards we need to pay for a name change as it should be her real name on it. Can anyone advise?
Thanks

cheeseoverchocolate Sat 13-May-17 12:10:21

Sorted!

Ajoerg01 Thu 01-Jun-17 08:43:50

How did you get it sorted?

I'm in same situation

Yvee5 Fri 23-Jun-17 02:13:54

Hi.

We are in the same situation. Any advice?

cheeseoverchocolate Fri 23-Jun-17 20:18:11

Hi,

From what I can remember we ended up booking the seat under the name "infant comfort seat" and then rang Ryanair for them to add our daughter's name. We weren't charged anything extra and it went fairly straightforward over the phone. We haven't flown yet though and knowing Ryanair I wouldn't be surprised if we were told upon embarking that we'll be charged for x/y/z because we didn't do things properly...
Good luck!

Yvee5 Sat 24-Jun-17 12:32:41

Thank you for replying.

I'm due to fly tomorrow. I rang and they added my daughters name, and she has a boarding pass. However, I couldn't check in the " extra infant comfort seat " online. When I rang they said i will get "free of charge "'check in for the seat at the desk, so I will find out what happens tomorrow.

I will let you know once we land back in uk

Yvee5 Sat 01-Jul-17 15:11:26

Hi. Just to let you know, we checked in online and couldn't check in the "extra infant comfort seat " as I mentioned in my pervious post and was informed I would have a free check in at the desk.

Which is exactly what happened when I approached the check in desk. I told the lady that I had brought a extra infant comfort seat and wasn't allowed to check in online and was told I can do it free at the desk. So it went smoothly and no complications.

There's one thing I do advise, priority booking is a good option to opt for. Saves queuing and also gives u guaranteed overlocking space.

Hope this has helped x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now