Talk

Advanced search

Travel cots

(5 Posts)
Dueindecember2016 Fri 12-May-17 19:19:44

We're soon to be staying at centre Parcs and they will be providing a travel cot for our 6 month old. No where sells sheets to fit their 'continental' mattress size so I'm taking a bed sheet instead.

I feel a little uncomfortable that she'll be sleeping on a mattress that lots of other babies have slept on. I know adults do it every day!! Am I silly for wanting to look for a mattress to take with us?

welshweasel Fri 12-May-17 19:29:58

We've always been given collapsible wooden cots at center parcs, the mattresses are a weird size though! I wouldn't try getting your own mattress to fit, I think a poorly fitting mattress is far more risky than using theirs. Saying that, you're going to need a travel cot anyway and you can get a big standard one for £25 so if you would feel better then buy one and take it.

Dueindecember2016 Fri 12-May-17 19:49:50

Oh really? I wasn't sure what they would give us. I was thinking about buying one as then it's ours and I won't have to worry about how many little heads have been in there

Misty9 Fri 12-May-17 22:29:29

We bought a sort of thin mattress type thing from ikea which made our travel cot mattress a bit softer. Just put a fitted sheet over. Enjoy!

Misty9 Fri 12-May-17 22:31:14

this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now