Talk

Advanced search

Holiday inspiration with 3 preschoolers...

(13 Posts)
Tryingtodoitall Sun 07-May-17 20:57:21

Hoping for a bit of holiday inspiration. We want to take advantage of being able to go away outside of school holidays before our eldest starts school in September but I'm at a loss as to what type of holiday we should have.

We have a just turned 4 year old DS, a 2.5 year old DS and an 8 month old DD.

Completely open to ideas from camping to all inclusive holidays so long as it comes in under £2k or so but really can't decide what would suit our very young ones the best.

Any advise from those in similar situations much appreciated!!

MrsELM21 Sun 07-May-17 21:06:29

Majorca!! Not too far, good amenities, just a really lovely easy holiday, DS will be 6 soon and DD 4 and this will be the 4th year we have been since they were born!

Babymamamama Sun 07-May-17 21:10:44

Centreparcs either UK or in Europe. Much easier to stay in a lodge with more than one bedroom so you can put them to bed and then chill in the living room in the evening. I used to hate being stuck in a hotel room when dd was little and had an earlier bedtime than us. Also all the swimming facilities means lots to do for little ones. Sometimes safer than the beach when they are really small.

Orangeseed Sun 07-May-17 21:11:50

We - or rather our DC love Butlins! I wouldn't go without children but the entertainment is ideal for babies up to about 9-10 years.
Eurodisney would be my choice if I were going abroad with preschoolers, maybe team it up with camping in France?

Orangeseed Sun 07-May-17 21:12:19

Or centreparcs

venys Sun 07-May-17 21:15:05

Lalandia in Denmark. Like Centreparcs with self catering houses. Really awesome Waterpark, soft play, bowling etc etc. Opposite Legoland so you get weekly pass at reasonable price. Short flight and resort only 10 minute taxi from Billund airport.

Tryingtodoitall Mon 08-May-17 09:03:02

Thanks for the replies, will check out all the suggestions.

Is center parks worth the extra money? It's over a grand for a week versus about 500 for a week at Butlins.

Waggamamma Mon 08-May-17 09:09:02

Look at the first choice holiday villages, they have loads for pre schoolers, splash parks and softplay on site and kid friendly meal times etc. Reps poolside doing kids entertainment. Really geared up for families.

Crèche and kids clubs if you would use them.

venys Tue 09-May-17 08:48:34

Can't give you the difference between Centreparcs and Butlins not having been to both. It really depends on the kids and their capabilities. We have been to Longleat Centreparcs and they have a crèche but all other activities except pools and playground cost money and can be quite short. But there is Longleat Safari Park across the road in addition. If your.kids like cycling it is good. And the spa is lush for adults !! Other suggestions that I haven't been to but have looked at or booked is Sandy Balls in New Forest - near Peppa Pig World, Alton Towers CBeebies Land and booked.slef.catering cottage nearby, glamping - there is one near Longleat theblackberriescampingpark.co.uk; this looks amazing domegarden.co.uk; and this www.whitstablefishermanshuts.com/book-online/. There is also Bluestone in Wales somewhere. Or there is Emerald Geet in Normandy. Loads of choices really. Have fun.

2014newme Tue 09-May-17 15:36:54

Bluestone isn't very good.
You could do eurocamp we used to take our toddlers, they have all the kit high chairs, travel cots etc there and some sites ate specifically for toddlers
Centreparcs is very good check ratios in pool required for your age kids though
Villa? Try James villas
Problem with a hotel is getting a room that accommodate three children
Baby boltholes is a good website as is tots too.

A1Sharon Tue 09-May-17 17:58:25

Kelly's in Ireland! Great for small folk. Where do you live roughly OP?

Hersetta427 Wed 10-May-17 14:24:27

Not sure when you are looking at going or for how long but just checked the first choice website and you could get a week at a holiday village for under your budget - they do have amazing facilities and entertainment for kids. Tenerife HV is 200 under budget and Kos HV (Which I have been to) is £50 over budget but really there is no need to spend any money once there.

Dates were all around mid June.

Tryingtodoitall Wed 10-May-17 19:00:22

Thanks for the suggestions, loads of good ideas and I'll check all of them out.

A1Sharon we're in Derbyshire.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now