Talk

Advanced search

baby formula airport security

(6 Posts)
laurajroberts4785 Mon 01-May-17 18:58:43

Hi,

I'm hoping someone is able to share some advice and help me in some way please. My husband and I are traveling to Cyprus with our 2 children in 4 week's time. We have everything organised and in place but I suddenly thought today about my sons formula! Our little one is on prescribed milk as he has an intolorence to dairy, we have had issues in the past with our hold luggage getting lost or going to different countries so I was hoping to take it in our carry on as we wouldnt be able to just go to the shop and pick up some milk for him if our luggage was to go walkies! But today speaking to the airline they say that security might not allow the containers of milk through because of the metal in the lids.

PLEASE has anyone had any problems/experiences like this or any suggestions any help would be very much appreciated

Thank you in advance xx

RedBugMug Mon 01-May-17 19:00:49

it's prescription.
take the prescription/pharmacy label with you.

CurlsLDN Mon 01-May-17 19:01:55

The usual process for formula on holiday is to order it to boots airside (after security) and collect it then take on hand luggage.
I understand yours is prescription, could your dr provide a prescription for enough to cover the length of your holiday, and send that to boots airside?
Might actually be worth calling that boots store, I'm sure they'll have dealt with this many times and might be able to advise the best way to go about it!

laurajroberts4785 Mon 01-May-17 20:30:14

Thank you so much I never knew that boots air side had a pharmacy. I just checked now and they do that's great thank you so much I will give them a call in the morning and find out the process and get onto my doctors thank you so much this is great a massive weight lifted ☺

Mamabearj Sat 20-May-17 11:22:25

My 8 month old is on prescription formula and we have just come back from tenerife. I took a letter from the doctor and first choice gave us extra baggage allowance. I took the powder in a container and water in her bottles and it got screened separately and all finesmile

Amanduh Sat 20-May-17 19:52:20

My son is on prescription milk, but you can take any formula through security - prescription or otherwise. Made up feeds, bottled water, bottles, baby food, the lot. You can get it from Boots airside too obviously if you find it easier, but you can take it! Not sure what they're talking about with the metal lids, you can take metal items in your hand luggage anyway confused have a great holiday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now