Talk

Advanced search

TIP Ryanair schedule change? Just rebooked and saved £160

(7 Posts)
Fortysix Mon 01-May-17 11:57:58

Quick tip for anyone in same position.

Booked flights to Lisbon in February x 4 travelling Jun 29- July 6 for quick week before family departs in different study directions.
Paid £820 all in to include luggage .

Ryanair last week sent notification email of scheduled change and as amended flight time was >2 hours I was entitled to full refund on original booking. Was asked to confirm that I accepted revised timings by clicking a link.

This has happened to me twice before so before I clicked on the 'accept' link I decided to go back to sales website and see what the tickets were selling at now... and they were £40 pp cheaper.

Just shows that it pays to double check and that booking well in advance doesn't always get you the price...

LettuceMash Mon 01-May-17 12:01:15

God that's really expensive, we paid 85 each last summer with Ryan air including bags.

Have you tried other airlines? TAP were only 100 each.

Fortysix Mon 01-May-17 12:39:39

Not travelling from London. Ours is a regional airport departure in peak time locally so it's a good deal comparatively but I know exactly what you mean...

Also it's point to point so it's quick and no need to catch a second flight and pay luggage premium on four flights.

But £85 sounds a great deal, well done you

BarbaraofSeville Mon 01-May-17 14:39:02

The choice from flag carriers to Europe can be quite poor from outside London.

I'm travelling overseas soon for a work thing and going from Northern England - there is one flight a day that lands very late, so as I'd rather not arrive at a strange city on my own at midnight, I'm going on easyjet, which if I needed luggage would probably be more expensive.

Colleague is travelling from London and has a choice of five flights on the same day so can travel at a civilised time.

LettuceMash Mon 01-May-17 16:00:08

Sorry I didn't mean that to sound rude. It just annoys me that these airlines pick a price out of the sky.

Lisbon is my favourite place though, I hope you have a great holiday.

Fortysix Mon 01-May-17 16:28:38

LettuceMash :You didn't sound rude at all.

You are quite right it is ferociously expensive and they have us northerners over a barrel.

I was just rather annoyed that I nearly missed out on saving £160 which they had no intention of telling me about.

Fortysix Tue 16-May-17 21:39:34

Got another notification from Ryanair. No idea why they have to keep changing the times of this blooming flight but the times are now mid morning and lunchtime. (This is their 4th amendment.)

Since our inbound flight has moved by 4 hrs we have the option to cancel our flights again...

Checked the prices for a new booking with the amended times and hey presto lucky us they are cheaper again even with me adding in another 15 kg suitcase there and back.

Our price has come down from the original £820 to £602 (plus £56 for 2nd suitcase.)

So glad I checked the prices instead of just pressing 'accept changes' smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now