Talk

Advanced search

Holidays with a beach

(12 Posts)
IAmNew1234 Thu 27-Apr-17 14:14:05

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to help my daughter come up with some ideas as she's a bit stuck on where to go on holiday. She's 20 and will be going with her boyfriend (21). It's a bit last minute but they're hoping to go in June once they have finished their exams.
They want to be able to relax on a beach, with a town nearby and perhaps be able to do activities such as snorkelling. They're keen to be able to visit a waterpark (although not essential) and would ideally like a hotel with a swimming pool. Boyfriend is a good driver and could potentially hire a car if necessary, my daughter won't be old enough to drive it at 20. Neither of them are particularly in to drinking and clubbing.
As students they're trying to keep costs down, but if the right place comes up they don't mind spending a bit more as they do have reasonable savings.
Any ideas on locations? I think they're planning to stay within Europe.
Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
ramile Thu 27-Apr-17 14:52:18

We have been to Ukraine tour Ukraine tour with our family this summer. We liked this country so much! I can recommendet to your daughter to travel there and I promise she will have a great holiday. smile

Makemineacabsauv Thu 27-Apr-17 23:46:55

Roda Corfu
Skiathos
Loads of resorts on Crete or kid or any Greek island

Hersetta427 Fri 28-Apr-17 11:57:22

Cyprus - Coral bay nr paphos has a lovely beach so google hotels there. They also drive on the left so driving there is very easy.

chipsandpeas Fri 28-Apr-17 11:58:15

Protaras cyprus lovely beaches close to a ayia napa and has a water park

BarbaraofSeville Sat 29-Apr-17 10:06:30

Mallorca has great snorkelling and the sea will be warming up nicely in June.

Anywhere except Magaluf would probably be lovely and if they hire a car (need to check OK at 21 - I recommend Hiper or Centauro) they can have a few trips out to different resorts.

Petalbird Sat 29-Apr-17 10:10:21

Have they looked on onthebeach.com great website for finding what you are after (and have good prices)

user1475317873 Sun 30-Apr-17 07:13:35

Formentera is lovely for couples and easy to drive around and explore. Not sure if the water will be warm enough to swim in June; you can even get around in bikes or a motorcycle as it is not a bigh island. I loved it when I went with my husband.

MrsDarkDestroyer Sun 30-Apr-17 07:27:19

Rethymnon in Crete. When myself and OH were 19 we stayed at Rithymna Beach. Lovely 5* hotel on the beach. Loads of watersports and nice tavernas nearby. Rethymnon is either a long walk along the beach or a short taxi ride away. But there are loads of other lovely hotels nearby too depending on budget. Cyprus and Tenerife are really easy to navigate bus wise. Paphos in Cyprus is lovely. Tenerife has a massive waterpark (Siam Park) and loads of trips.

JellyMouldJnr Sun 30-Apr-17 07:58:28

Malta is lovely and has good snorkeling

LettuceMash Mon 01-May-17 09:05:52

Cyprus

Polichinelle Fri 05-May-17 15:57:13

There's an app called Luckytrip which is great for this kind of thing. You enter your budget and kind of holiday you want (adventure, beach...) And it comes up with suggestions. If you don't like the suggestion, you click a button and it comes up with another one. The suggestions include the flights, hotels, etc for your budget

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in