Talk

Advanced search

Holiday tips

(5 Posts)
IamRonnieBiggs Sat 22-Apr-17 16:11:57

Coming to that time of year for holidays....

And good tips from people - I'm always looking for good ideas for things to take with me

I know a friend of mine told me to take rehydration packs to very hot countries and not just take them for diarrhoea but just take once or twice during the holiday to help rehydrate generally - I know it's helped me feel much better before.

Anyone else

mummymeister Sat 22-Apr-17 21:32:25

photocopy of your passport - 1 left at home and one in your suitcase in case yours gets lost at any point.

I always do a proper packing list so that I don't over pack.

if we are going somewhere warm, the first shop we do for food I buy a cool box and packs. always leave them behind but they do get a lot of use.

Greycat11 Sun 23-Apr-17 08:25:51

I took a non slip bath mat (for the shiny tiled bathroom floor) last time. (Hotel in Greece where little bit of water comes up from a small grate in the floor) I read that tip when reading reviews about the hotel.
I'd probably take it on any family holiday now for peace of mind.

CPtart Sun 23-Apr-17 08:47:14

I pack for two adults and two DC and spread the clothes evenly between the four cases rather than use one case per person, i.e., everyone's shorts in each, swimmies in each, sun cream in each etc. Therefore if one or more cases were to go astray everyone still has a range of clothes to wear. Not sure if this is common practice anyway!

Babbaganush Sun 23-Apr-17 11:04:44

Email all your documents including a scan of your passport, insurance, booking details etc to a family member or close friend that you can contact if necessary. Also email to your own webmail account so that you can access the information from anywhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now