Talk

Advanced search

Grandparents details on Passport application form

(4 Posts)
RebeccaH92 Thu 20-Apr-17 17:28:47

I'm applying for my 9 month old son's first passport and I'm confused with the part about providing grandparents details (i.e. my parents). On the form it states 'If the applicantsparents are born after 1982,they must also provide evidence of their nationality by submittingtheir parents (i.e. child’s grandparents) Birth / Registration / Naturalise certificates'.

However in the guidance booklet it then says'This does not apply if: you have provided the number of your parents (i.e. myself and the father) British passports in Section 4 of the application form.'

So if I have provided mine and his father's passport numbers in section 4, I do not need to provide grandparents birth certificates? Some clarification would be much appreciated!

dementedpixie Thu 20-Apr-17 17:56:58

Maybe ring them to check. I suppose you two having British passports shows that you are British citizens so your children are therefore British too

WhatHaveIFound Fri 21-Apr-17 12:26:28

It's my understanding that if you only need to provide grandparent's details if either you or the father were born after 1982 or born abroad. That's how i read it anyway.

I have to say the helpline is a bit hopeless as i was told that all photos had to be countersigned even though the form says it's only if the applicant are not recognisable from the previous photo.

AND my 50yo + DH still has to provide his parents details as his passport was stolen.

SoupDragon Fri 21-Apr-17 12:37:48

If you have valid British passports, you have already provided the information they need - they can (I assume!) just look up your passport number.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now