Talk

Advanced search

Help - Oman

(1 Post)
theclick Wed 19-Apr-17 01:22:37

DH and I travel to Dubai a lot and when we needed to pick a holiday destination we thought for a change we would go to Oman. I always Pick our holidays so he chose this one. We knew it would be much quieter and more chilled, but one day in and I'm a little bored confused. We are in a 5* hotel near a few amenities but it's very chilled here! I knew it would be but I feel like there is no atmosphere.

I'm sure I'll get slammed for this but will admit I even looked at hotels in Dubai again (Due to my Job I can get good discounts in some) but I know DH won't entertain it even though today he admitted Oman wasn't what he expected (FTR it is completely what I expected, but I thought i could be surprised and love it as so many people I know do). But I just know me and what I want from a holiday.

So, how do I make it better? I've looked on TA for more things to do and we already know will visit mutrah souk and the opera house, but that won't take a day even. We have a few restaurants planned at night time. We spent today by the pool and will probably do more of that in the week. I am pregnant so don't want to swim wadi shab (I'm a little scared of doing that pregnant or not) but will go there to visit if I still can. We are also doing a brunch at the weekend.

Does anyone have any more tips so I can make the most of it? I know it can be a beautiful country, I just need to get over my fear of calm!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now