Talk

Advanced search

DLP - anyone been in the past few weeks?

(13 Posts)
Dlpdep Tue 18-Apr-17 09:40:14

Some advice needed. We are staying in the Santa Fe. We didn't book breakfast as it's €50 per day for all of us and having stayed there before, it's not worth €5.

A Starbucks was to open in the Santa Fe on April 6th. Has it opened and if so, what time does it open at in the morning?

Failing that, any breakfast ideas for pre 8am? I know we can grab something from the filling station at a push.

With the extra magic hours, are all areas of the parks open at 8am?

Dlpdep Tue 18-Apr-17 17:35:44

Bump for evening traffic!

dailystuck71 Tue 18-Apr-17 18:14:26

Studios don't open until 10.

There are places to eat at the train station and inside the park depends on how much you eat. Val d Europe is a couple of stops on the train and you'd be into auchan for supplies.

I thought all Disney hotels gave breakfast €50 is a lot.

dailystuck71 Tue 18-Apr-17 18:15:08

Oh and not all rides at 8 either. You get meet and greets in EMH too.

Dlpdep Tue 18-Apr-17 18:28:45

Apparently they have changed things this year so breakfasts are not included - you can pay for breakfasts as a meal plan but we felt it wasn't worth it but are now wondering if we will be left hungry.

Thanks for the info on the parks!

dailystuck71 Tue 18-Apr-17 18:43:57

Oh that's a bit rubbish. I know for sure there is a lovey baguette shop at the train station as we've used it. Might not be what you want for breakfast or macdonalds in the Disney village?

Dlpdep Tue 18-Apr-17 18:47:37

Yeah the Earl of sandwich - hoping to lunch there. Starbucks would be fine and even better if it is at the hotel. I googled the magic hours and there are very few rides actually open so it may not be as much of an issue.

gluteustothemaximus Tue 18-Apr-17 18:50:45

Have you a family room? They have mini fridges. I'd be popping some milk in that and getting cereals from auchan, but that's because we always do things on the cheap.

Food is very pricey in DLP. The village has McDonald's.

Otherwise you can go into Val d'europe and there's plenty of shops there plus the main auchan hypermarket.

Dlpdep Tue 18-Apr-17 19:28:16

3 of us in the room. We stayed there before, I don't remember there being a fridge in the room though. We are only going for 2 days so don't intend to leave the hotel/village/parks. I remember there being a newsagent type place in the train station, the filling station beside us etc. So hopefully we will be fine. Lots of the restaurants don't open till 11 / 12.30

dailystuck71 Tue 18-Apr-17 19:44:35

No, it's not earl of sandwich it's just a bakery in the train station.

Dlpdep Tue 18-Apr-17 19:51:57

Ah, that might work! Thanks so much for all of the advice everyone!

user1475317873 Tue 18-Apr-17 21:25:53

We went the first week of April and had a great time. We stayed in Val d Europe in a hotel with a kitchenette which was convenient for making breakfast and prepare simple meals and snacks to take with us. We didn't want to spend a fortune on fast food meals; we bought ice creams, crepes at DLP but no mail meals apart from dinner with the princesses one night. We drove our car and bought the fantasy annual passes so were able to do the magic hours; not all the attractions are open at 8am but some are and we did not have to wait; we were there by 8:30am. The studios open early but all the rides start at 10am; however it is easier if you get there at 9:30am at least, so you are first on the popular rides and do fast passes for some others. We downloaded the app so could check waiting times on the rides, shows times, etc. I still regret the dinner with the princesses as for that money I wish we could have met them all and see a dance; we only met 4. Other than that it was a great trip for the whole family and we are hoping to come back and stay in Val de Europe again as there is a shopping center with a big supermarket which sale ready meals, also quite a few restaurants around and a nice patisserie near the shopping center. Val de Europe is only one stop from DLP.

Have a great trip.

Dlpdep Tue 18-Apr-17 22:20:38

What was the weather like at the time? I'm fine for daytime but wondering about the shows at night/ morning time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now