Talk

Advanced search

Best Centreparcs? Issues with Longleat

(12 Posts)
bitofabelly Mon 17-Apr-17 16:54:17

Don't know if anyone can help. Looking to find the best centreparcs. Don't know if I'm alone in feeling this, but we went to longest a few years ago. I felt slightly misled regarding the outdoor rapids....really deep pool you have to swim across to get to start of Rapids...the rapids are concrete..which a) left us bruised and battered after 4 days lol b) really easy to hit your head off the side which could do serious damage c) leads into a really deep whirlpool which could pull a child under. Obviously they have restrictions in place regarding height, but it wasn't what I was expecting for our kids as it doesn't seem to highlight it on the website. Myself and my husband felt it slightly difficult to do the rapids with 3 kids over 7, oldest 12- he was fine.
Is there a better Centreparcs..I just found that a child could get hurt or be pulled under the whirlpool in a heartbeat and we are cautious parents. Thanks

Guitargirl Mon 17-Apr-17 17:00:13

The rapids at Woburn Forest are fine, my DCs went on them aged 8 and 6 with no problems. There are probably other things you get at Longleat though which you don't get at Woburn.

FrancisCrawford Mon 17-Apr-17 17:04:37

Were there any warnings, e.g. Strong swimmers only?

Are there genuine health and safety concerns here?

YesItsMeIDontCare Mon 17-Apr-17 17:06:37

We went to the one in Sherwood. Rapids were fine, DS couldn't get enough of them. We're going back this year grin.

User1635974 Mon 17-Apr-17 17:07:18

I agree with you. My DH banged his arm on the Longleat Rapids; it still hurts him now. I have heard Woburn is better.

BillyButtfuck Mon 17-Apr-17 17:16:42

The rapids at longleat are very clearly sign posted stating confident swimmers only. We go every year and have never had an issue other than the odd bruise but that's normally from the annoying few who bundle you and don't stick to rapid etiquette.

lilyborderterrier Mon 17-Apr-17 17:20:49

Whinfel was brilliant my 4 year old loved the swimming pool and the Rapids, she wore a floatation vest ( she cannot swim but is a total water baby) and she loved the pool. The facilities are great ( it was our first time and we loved it ) booked again next year and we will be taking our baby who will be 7 months!!

Cannot compare with others as I've not been but we loved Whinfel.

xxxbingbunnyxxx Mon 17-Apr-17 17:26:10

Love Sherwood, there are two separate sections for the rapids, outdoor much calmer and better for younger swimmers and indoors are abit rougher. And the raft ride is better suited to younger swimmers', 7+ should be fine.

bangingmyheadoffabrickwall Tue 18-Apr-17 15:01:08

Whinfell was brilliant!

My 4 year old did ALL slides no problem though he is a confident and able swimmer.

rosy71 Wed 19-Apr-17 10:00:52

We have just returned from Woburn & the rapids there were fine. There was a very scary flume though! We haven't been to Center Parcs before so had nothing to compare to. Generally, I think Woburn is smaller than the other parcs & the forest is less established. We thought it was great thoughl

2014newme Wed 19-Apr-17 15:00:42

Yes the rapids at Longleat are for strong swimmers only. You have to climb over a wall to get into that area and wade through a waterfall both of which keep out poor swimmers. Obviously there is a lifeguard there too. No buoyancy aids on the rapids. I didn't let my kids go on till they were 7.

TriciaH87 Fri 05-May-17 22:59:44

Been elveden twice kids loved it and we plan to go back again soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now