Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Turkey recommendations

(14 Posts)
UnreasonablyReasonable Mon 17-Apr-17 16:39:23

Looking to get away with kids - 16 and 8 - for a week in June. First time I will be taking them on holiday as a single parent.

Looking for an all inclusive beachside hotel which is near to a town. Can afford about 500 for the week.

Any suggestions? Would love to hear them.

dailystuck71 Mon 17-Apr-17 19:05:34

I love Olu Deniz. Beauitufil place, people, weather and beaches.

bellalou1234 Mon 17-Apr-17 19:11:36

Kalkan is beautiful some good deals about too

bellalou1234 Mon 17-Apr-17 19:13:20

Lykia world olu deniz I've heard is fabulous, or Lara beach so lovely hotels but not much going on outside of hotel, however hotels are fab, water slides for kids a few pools ,
We stayed in Delphin diva

MagentaRocks Mon 17-Apr-17 19:14:55

Hisaronu is near olu deniz and is nice. We have stayed at the green forest which was adult only but think it has changed and hotel Greenland which is more for kids. The first one walking distance to town, the second a short bus ride away.

WankersHacksandThieves Mon 17-Apr-17 19:31:32

Belek or Lara beach or Antalya? For AI on a beach then you'd be best flying into Antalya.

If you can manage without AI then Dalyan is a lovely place but there are no AI and it isn't on the beach, you take a little boat down to the beach. Very family friendly.

witchofzog Mon 17-Apr-17 19:55:15

Olu Deniz is beautiful. And the boat trips from there are fabulous and at a ridiculously low price. Hissaranou, which is where we stayed is a bit further away so cheaper but only a short dolmus ride away which is also at a tiny cost

UrethaFranklin Tue 18-Apr-17 13:42:41

I've also stayed at the Green Forest in Hisaronu, 3 times to be precise! Lovely hotel and Hisaronu is a nice place although the beach is a bus ride away. The hotel runs a free bus down to the beach at Olu Deniz twice a day or the dolmus is as cheap as chips.

mimbleandlittlemy Tue 18-Apr-17 13:53:03

The advantage of being up in Hisaronu over down in Olu Deniz is the change in temperature. Even in June it will be hot and you might be grateful for being higher up the mountain. The dolmus down to Olu Deniz is cheap and regular and easy to get (if you don't end up in a hotel that runs a bus like Green Forest does).

Fethiye is good to go and eat in in the evening too. There are some lovely restaurants down by the harbour.

bangingmyheadoffabrickwall Tue 18-Apr-17 14:55:50

We're going to Side in Antalya in Turkey during the last few days of May and first few days of June (half term). Taking a 5 and 2 year old and we're going AI.

Flying with Jet2holidays (much cheaper than Thomas Cook and Thomsons) and AI on a beach. It's actually on the East side of Side so not built up but loads to do.

Otium Seven Seas Hotel.

Cost us under £500 each and that includes transfers, 22kg hold luggage, 10kg hand luggage and booking seat allocation too.

UnreasonablyReasonable Wed 26-Apr-17 23:59:03

Thanks, lots of good info. Still looking!

SooticaTheWitchesCat Sat 06-May-17 17:09:25

Parkim Ayaz in Gümbet would be a good choice, it's right on the beach in the centre of the resort.

Teaandadunk Sun 07-May-17 20:18:21

Sensatori in Side is incredible but you'd need to wait for a last minute deal or stretch the budget

Rollergirl1 Fri 19-May-17 23:55:56

Teaandadunk: I am just looking at the Sensatori in Side for DH and my two DC's aged 11 and 9. It looks amazing but looking at a TripAdvisor seems to be more adult than family. Have you been?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now