Talk

Advanced search

northern Italy

(10 Posts)
tich31 Sat 15-Apr-17 22:37:28

I've gone back to my original plan of going to northern Italy as by changing the airports it is affordable.

Anybody who has been do you think 14 nights is too long? My very rough itinerary now is:
1 night in Bergamo
2 nights in Verona
4 nights in Venice
4/5 nights in Bologna

But then that leaves me still with 2 - 3 nights to fill in somewhere.....
I've just checked flights and could come back a few days earlier but what do other travellers think?

Thanks

LIZS Sat 15-Apr-17 22:43:03

Milan , Florence ?

applespearsbears Sat 15-Apr-17 22:43:10

I've only been to Venice and Verona both lovely although depending on the time of year Venice can be extremely full. There's no reason you can't travel further south, the Freccia Rossa bullet trains are incredible and will have you in Florence in a few hours, have a look

bitofabelly Sun 16-Apr-17 09:56:28

Are you travelling with kids? What about lake Garda? We have picked Lazise as one part of our trip.

Rosa Sun 16-Apr-17 10:08:05

All depends on how you are going from one place to another ...5 terre, Como, Maggiore, Garda, Padua,

bastedyoungturkey Sun 16-Apr-17 10:21:30

We stayed at Lake Idro a couple of years ago, that was beautiful and well off the beaten track.

Hulder Thu 20-Apr-17 08:19:51

4-5 nights in Bologna is too many. From Bologna you can easily do Mantua, Padua, Ravenna - all brilliant.

Itwasthenandstillis Thu 20-Apr-17 08:29:39

We loved lake of idro too BYT.
Tich,when are you going? Who with?how are you getting around? If you are doing a lot of time in cities in summer a few days on the beach (Jesolo or cavallino (venice) or a lake could be nice for a few days.

AgentProvocateur Thu 20-Apr-17 08:34:59

I'd spend one more night in Bergamo, two fewer nights in Bologna, and try and squeeze in Trieste or Slovenia after Venice. Or Grado, if you want some time at the beach.

cluecu Sat 22-Apr-17 10:47:59

Personally I'd try to sqeeze lake garda in somewhere, it's very easy to get to from verona and i just love it! Nice change of scene from cities as well? Milan i could take or leave really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now