Talk

Advanced search

Can I take Bugaboo Bee on Eurostar?

(4 Posts)
silkpyjamasallday Sat 15-Apr-17 17:07:22

Hi, just wondering if anyone has recently gone from London to Paris on Eurostar and taken their usual pram rather than a travel stroller? Ordered DDs first passport and it has come way earlier than expected and there is an exhibition on in Paris I have wanted to see but thought we wouldn't get her passport in time as the show ends on the 24th, but now it is a possibility just have very limited time to organise!

We are ordering a GB pockit+ for a trip to Italy in the summer as it folds down to handbag size, so could order this for next day delivery and have it for early next week, but the Eurostar regulations say you can take a pram as long as it folds down. We have a bugaboo bee 3 and although it does fold down pretty small I'm not sure it is small enough (just using the seat not the bassinet). I would prefer to take the bugaboo as dd is used to it and naps well and I can attach her car seat but if it's too big the other one will have to suffice nap friendly or not! We can walk everywhere and probably will so the car seat isn't a massive issue in Paris as we won't use taxis but might be nice to get a taxi home once back in the uk.

Ican't find any measurement regulations for folded size of pram on the website, so if anyone has travelled with the same or bigger type of pram on Eurostar or knows if you can't please let me know.

Janek Sat 15-Apr-17 20:50:26

I have no idea about the folded size of your pushchair, but there is loads of storage on a eurostar - the overhead racks are big enough to put a folded maclaren pushchair or virtually any suitcase, then there is space at the ends of the carriages for oversize luggage. There is also space between back to back seats, although how many of those there are depends on which carriage you are in.

I would say as long as it folds down a bit you will be fine. Particularly if you are not travelling at peak time.

silkpyjamasallday Sat 15-Apr-17 21:09:08

Ah thank you so much, we won't be going at peak times so if they'll let me put buggy and car seat in storage areas I am off to look at airbnb!

Ecureuil Sat 15-Apr-17 21:15:06

Yes it will be fine. It just has to collapse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now