Talk

Advanced search

Car Hire

(5 Posts)
eosmum Fri 14-Apr-17 11:11:23

Going to Spain for a week in July. My mind is boggled by the car hire, I can't figure out the price difference between the same car for what seems like the same coverage. Anyone do it regularly and know what to look out for? I'm looking at a 7 seater, it's 150 euro for pre purchase partial refund, it's €180 for full to full, or €190 full to full, or €216 full to full with first 60km free. The conditions all seem the same. I know I'm missing something. TIA

rainbowthunder Sat 15-Apr-17 09:34:31

At least they are offering full to full. We've had full to empty which is no good unless you are going to use a full tank.

The main thing is to check what insurance they have included. A lot offer what seems like full insurance only to want you add even more extras or risk a very large excess. Check out the small print before booking and look up reviews for the companies you are considering using.

eosmum Sat 15-Apr-17 15:41:36

Thanks for the reply Rainbow it's through booking.com and I just can't see the full terms and conditions for each deal. Think I'll go for the 180 full to full deal. Can't even see if the mileage is limited.

Theimpossiblegirl Sat 15-Apr-17 15:45:42

Be prepared to have the excess put against your credit card if you decline the extra charges. Not a problem if nothing happens but they do try to sting you.

rainbowthunder Sat 15-Apr-17 16:03:13

When you book through agents you don't usually see the terms until you get so far through the booking procedure as it depends on the actual car hire company. It's worth checking the terms as the excess can be in excess of £1000. If so they may try to sell you an add on the reduce this when you pick up the car.
So well worth finding out the terms before booking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now