Talk

Advanced search

Canaries in april - what to pack?

(13 Posts)
Mungobungo Fri 14-Apr-17 09:41:50

Travelling to Fuerteventura next week and haven't a clue what kind of things to pack. The weather forecast says highs of 23 but I've heard that it's quite windy there.

Any ideas of what kind of day/night time outfits would be appropriate?

Paddywack92 Fri 14-Apr-17 09:45:34

I love Fuerteventura, you'll have a great time. We used to go every April and although it is windy it is definitely still warm enough for shorts and T-shirt in the day.
The temperature does drop at night but you'll be alright with just a light jacket or similar.
Have a lovely time

MrsJayy Fri 14-Apr-17 09:47:35

I was in tenerrife a few Aprils ago was lovely did rain 1 day though and i needed a cardi at night

Mungobungo Fri 14-Apr-17 09:49:18

That's great, thankyou!

So mainly jeans and t shirts, with a few cardis and a pair of smartish jeggings for rainy days/colder evenings is ok?

LucyFuckingPevensie Fri 14-Apr-17 09:52:01

We were there last week, in the day I was fine to wear a bikini on the beach, I just took hoodies and cardigans for the evening.
It felt much hotter than 23, I am sure it was closer to 30 but with that nice breeze.
Where a bouts are you going op ?

LucyFuckingPevensie Fri 14-Apr-17 09:53:17

I am not suggesting you just wear a bikini btw. I am just saying it's warm enough for you to do so comfortable if you choose to [grins]

MrsJayy Fri 14-Apr-17 09:53:24

We took shorts and light trousers mum was with us she is the coldest person alive she had a sundress on it is warm

MaccaPaccaismyNemesis Fri 14-Apr-17 09:56:34

A jumper and a coat for nighttime! I underestimated how cold the wind would be at night and nearly froze!

Hellofromme Fri 14-Apr-17 09:58:43

I went one Easter and although the sun was out, it was so windy it was freezing. There was no sunbathing or dips in the pool and I lived in the same leggings for a week.

TheFairyCaravan Fri 14-Apr-17 10:00:28

We've been to Fuerteventura in April for the last two years.

You'll need a jumper/hoodie for the early mornings on the way to breakfast and a light jacket for evenings. During the day we spent all day in swimwear or shorts. Last year it was really, really hot once the wind died down after about 10ish.

Fuerteventura is beautiful, you'll have a lovely time.

specialsubject Fri 14-Apr-17 17:29:34

Clue is in the name!

Don't forget lots of sunscreen, windy, cloudy, whatever.

AlexanderHamilton Fri 14-Apr-17 17:32:16

Been to GranCanaria once & Tenerife 3 times in April.

Jeans would have been too hot for me. I wore shorts, floaty dresses or skirts in the day & in the evening added a cardigan or jacket.

Mungobungo Tue 18-Apr-17 08:24:21

Thankyou for responses.

We fly tomorrow. Staying in Costa Calma. I'm just trying to squeeze everything in my case at the moment. I've chucked in a hoodie, several cardis and I'll wear a jacket on the journey there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now