Talk

Advanced search

When will it be hot in Majorca?

(28 Posts)
Nancy91 Wed 12-Apr-17 12:05:56

I want to book a holiday there before the school summer holidays (because the prices get ridiculous!), but I've been told it won't be hot enough to sunbathe until August! Has anyone been in June / early July?

MrsPringles Wed 12-Apr-17 12:07:07

I went for my birthday last year (5 July) and it was really warm and definitely hot enough for sunbathing smile

MrsPringles Wed 12-Apr-17 12:10:18

And I've just found a bragy comparison pic I did blush
It was hot!

KoolKoala07 Wed 12-Apr-17 12:10:45

I believe it starts warming up around May. I've been twice in August (07 and 10) and it rained (not the whole time) on both occasions.

Nancy91 Wed 12-Apr-17 12:12:35

That's what I wanted to hear! Thank you smile hopefully it won't rain and I'll be able to put up some pictures bragging too grin

MrsPringles Wed 12-Apr-17 12:17:38

I love Majorca - we've always been really lucky with the weather grin

Have a lovely time!

Nancy91 Wed 12-Apr-17 12:19:24

Thank you, wow that looks beautiful!!

Girlsworld92 Wed 12-Apr-17 12:21:51

If you want to consider other places, I went to torremolinos about 3 weeks ago and it was lovely and warm and we spent time sunbathing. . Got cool about 5pm but if you are thinking may/June it would be great.

millsbynight Wed 12-Apr-17 17:35:32

Why not go in September after school holidays? It will still be warm there then smile

Seeline Wed 12-Apr-17 17:41:41

We've been May half term a couple of terms and most of the time it was warm enough for sun bathing, although we did have rain and a chilly wind for a few days. I would have thought by end of June/July it would be perfect.

Sallycinnamum Wed 12-Apr-17 17:55:15

It is baking in August if that's any help!

We were our there a,few weeks ago and we were sunbathing although if course the nights were a bit chilly.

Tbh, I find August a bit too hot. Last year we struggled a couple of days with the heat but that's probably just us. June and July will be lovely as is September.

A1Sharon Wed 12-Apr-17 17:55:39

We went last year for the first time, on 1st July for two weeks.
It was roasting hot and glorious sunshine every day except for one. And that day it was overcast in the morning with a smidge of rain.
I have friends that had a place out there for years and they would go for the whole summer, never heard them say anything about it being cool or bad weather.

BarbaraofSeville Thu 13-Apr-17 09:12:37

We were there last year very late June to early July and it was very hot (25-30) and we swam in the sea and went to the beach every day.

We've also been several times in early September and it's usually hotter and the sea is warmer. I'd say any time between mid/late June and mid September it will be pretty much wall to wall hot and Sunny.

However, I heard that the Med suffers from a pretty reliable stormy period mid-late September that I have witnessed a couple of times (eg just beginning on the day we left a couple of years ago on 21 September and just ended when we got there another year on 30 September) so the only time I wouldn't want to go for a beach holiday in the med would be the second half of September.

MrsPringle My FB from that time last year also contains a similar 'it's going to be Scorchio in Mallorca when I'm there next week' boasty post grin.

ShitIForgotToUntick Thu 13-Apr-17 09:16:09

I've been the last 3 years in early July and it has been high 30's - 40c!

MrsPringles Thu 13-Apr-17 12:26:56

Barbara

Glad I'm not the only one! blushgrin

I'm off to Mexico in a few weeks for my belated honeymoon so I suspect I'll whack a similar one out this year I have no shame wink

TheNumberfaker Thu 13-Apr-17 12:30:26

We were in Mallorca a few years ago for May/June half term and DD2 was throwing up from sunstroke!
I suppose it depends what your definition of hot is, though.

readyforno2 Thu 13-Apr-17 12:32:44

I was there the first week of July and it was boiling!

metalmum15 Sat 15-Apr-17 10:51:02

We've been end of June /beginning of July and the weather is perfect, late 20's with a nice breeze and still warm enough in the evening to go without cardi or coat. August can be very hot and the humidity really ramps up which can be very unpleasant.

ChoudeBruxelles Sat 15-Apr-17 10:52:17

We went early July last year and it was around 30 degrees.

Nancy91 Sat 15-Apr-17 11:54:27

Right, that's it - I'm booking it!! I needs me some sunshine! grin

metalmum15 Sat 15-Apr-17 12:18:17

Do it!! So wish we could book holidays again in June /July. Damn school rules 😐

metalmum15 Sat 15-Apr-17 12:18:20

Do it!! So wish we could book holidays again in June /July. Damn school rules 😐

gabsdot Mon 17-Apr-17 10:36:33

We went on our honeymoon to Mallorca. It was December and it was warm enough to swim in the sea and sunbathe.

MrsGotobed Mon 17-Apr-17 10:39:58

I know someone who is there at the moment and their facebook posts show they have sun tans, people are on the beach sunbathing, skies are blue etc.

We went in August a few years ago and it was very, very hot so I would say that June/July is more than a safe bet for sunshine

BigFatHairyOrangutan Mon 17-Apr-17 11:18:36

We went in August once and it was raining most days, very disappointed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now