Talk

Advanced search

Flying with eczema.

(11 Posts)
Wolfiefan Tue 11-Apr-17 14:13:48

We are flying in August. My concern is I have eczema. At the moment I'm on antihistamine. I also use, diprobase, hydrocortisone, Nivea (yes really!) Vaseline on my lips and Lidl or neutrogena hand cream. Obviously I can't fly with all that! Oh and I need a certain deodorant and shower gel!!!! Oh and suncream!
Help! I really can't manage a week without all that. Any ideas? Can you order from airport Boots for instance and pick up once through security?
I'm sitting here itching just thinking about it! confused

Snap8TheCat Tue 11-Apr-17 14:14:50

Can't it go in your suitcase? No restrictions on that.

pepperpot99 Tue 11-Apr-17 14:16:58

yes just put it in your normal suitcase, no restrictions at selected.

Wolfiefan Tue 11-Apr-17 14:33:26

Oh for goodness sake! Why didn't I think of that! blush
I also suffer from anxiety though and would worry about lost luggage. I also apply this stuff VERY frequently! I literally carry it round with me. So in case of delays I would really suffer.

welshweasel Tue 11-Apr-17 14:34:09

Yes you can order from boots and pick it up airside.

Wolfiefan Tue 11-Apr-17 14:45:18

Thanks Welsh. I might do that and put some in case.

dementedpixie Tue 11-Apr-17 14:50:21

If you can get them in containers of 100ml or less then you could take some in your hand luggage too (in a small clear resealable bag 20x20cm). Put more in tiur case

dementedpixie Tue 11-Apr-17 14:50:31

Your*

zzzzz Tue 11-Apr-17 14:53:01

A days worth decanted into travel bottles will be fine, rest in the hold.

Wolfiefan Tue 11-Apr-17 14:53:16

Thanks demented. It's such a daft thing to worry about. I (quite obviously!) don't fly much and actually find going on holiday really quite stressful.

Makemineacabsauv Tue 18-Apr-17 00:45:19

I am the same and ask my doctor to give me a prescription for travel size versions which she does. I have full size in my case and travel size with me all with dispensary labels on in case of any fuss. I have gone over my allowance before with hand luggage only and the prescribed stuff was dealt with separately. That was Glasgow, can't guarantee the same everywhere!! I remember them being snotty at Luton and Stansted but got there in the end!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now