Talk

Advanced search

Lisbon short break September - hints and tips

(5 Posts)
TheMightyMing Sun 09-Apr-17 09:15:51

Looking to do a Monday to Friday break from Manchester early Sept. First child free break in 18 years- leaving DS18 at home looking after the dogs.

So... best to book flights and hotel separate? Or an all in? Any tips, hints hotel recommendations , etc please?

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sun 09-Apr-17 09:20:08

Flights to Lisbon were really cheap when I went so I'd look at Easyjet or Ryanair.

Then find something on Airbnb with a bit more character than a hotel.

massistar Wed 12-Apr-17 18:46:18

I'd book separately. We went in January and stayed in a gorgeous air bnb place which was fantastic value.

It's a great city to wander round and you can easily do some day trips to Sintra or Cascais.

highinthesky Wed 12-Apr-17 18:53:04

Book separately.

Lisbon is the perfect place to explore on foot if you can cope with the hills, and September is a good time to go. Take a guided walking tour. Enjoy the port bars, olives and the little custard tarts that the nuns make.

Definitely visit Sintra. There's also a gothic fairytale looking small castle next to a famous freemason building (sorry I can't actually remember what it was called) which is also accessable by tram.

Oh yes and watch out for pickpockets on public transport, they work in pairs.

Fortysix Thu 13-Apr-17 21:34:01

We're going with DCs 20 &17 during first week July.

We're on cheap Ryanair flights and have booked 7 nights separately on Homeaway rental in a two bedroom villa on olive farm on the Lisbon side of Sintra with private pool and rail station very nearby. £120/night.

Our dates were pretty busy for accommodation but September might be easier. ]My normal preference is easyjet and Airbnb]. If we had just gone for shared pool prices and choice would have been far better/cheaper
Had we been on our own I would have gone for somewhere nearer centre of Lisbon etc but still near public transport. Our car hire is ridiculously cheap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now