We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Majorca in may

(16 Posts)
Funnyface1 Sat 08-Apr-17 13:58:17

Hi, just wanted to ask about people's experiences with the weather in Majorca in may. Don't want to be somewhere too hot as considering taking 8 month old DD, but similarly don't want it to be freezing!

Also while I'm here, if anyone wants to chip in with advice/experiences of taking a baby abroad? Will it just be a nightmare? She is bottle fed.

Would like to go if we can as DS is 6 and loves his holidays!

Thanks.

Thomasthetank456 Sat 08-Apr-17 14:03:02

We've been warm enough for summer wear but not too hot you want shade all the time 😃

I would say with baby try an apartment hotel as then you get s kitchenette but great for extra space and have a sink fridge etc to store make up bottles and snacks. Viva hotels are good.

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Sat 08-Apr-17 14:36:33

Just about shorts & tshirt weather - with a jumper occasionally. Not warm enough to sit outside in the evening and not warm enough for the swilling pool.

PhyllisNefler Sat 08-Apr-17 14:43:42

We're going in 2 weeks. We often go in April. It's usually warm enough for shorts and tees during the day, with a cardi at night. Like PP said the pool/sea aren't warm, but the weather is good. I don't have DC so can't advise on that part of your trip 😊

rainbowthunder Wed 12-Apr-17 10:50:49

We went at May Spring bank a few years running and it was always hot during the day (needed parasol) and pleasant at night - was the end of May though. It's a great time to go.

Igottastartthinkingbee Wed 12-Apr-17 10:53:34

We went in May a few years ago. Some warm sunny days, a couple of thunder and rain days too! For the majority it was perfect toddler (and me) weather as warm but not roasting.

SuburbanRhonda Wed 12-Apr-17 10:54:49

We went in May and it was too cold to use the pool sad

Igottastartthinkingbee Wed 12-Apr-17 10:57:35

That's true the pool was bloody freezing but we went to the beach mostly. I went snorkelling so it can't have been too bad once I was in.

MrsJayy Wed 12-Apr-17 10:57:37

We went 1 easter (end of March) and it was nice weather 23 degrees the locals had jeans and jumpers on grin

MrsJayy Wed 12-Apr-17 11:00:01

I never took babies abroad so can't help you there.

Funnyface1 Wed 12-Apr-17 11:08:22

Thanks all. I've got a passport fast track appointment for next week for the baby. If all goes well then I'm booking the holiday. smile

MrsJayy Wed 12-Apr-17 11:10:22

I really liked Majorca has something for everybody enjoy your holiday

BitOutOfPractice Wed 12-Apr-17 11:27:21

It'll be perfect. And in my experience it's easier to take the baby before they are mobile than after!

Have a lovely time!

OutandIntoday Wed 12-Apr-17 11:31:58

I took a 2.5 yr old and a 5 mth old to Menorca in September and we had a good holiday though it did rain a bit ( was warm rsin!). Half baord/ AI works well and an aparthotel is great for space. Enjoy!

OutandIntoday Wed 12-Apr-17 11:33:47

Baby was happy to bob in the orange baby swim seat and a big hat on for ages - take a mini wet suit thing for warmth.

Mummybear8 Wed 12-Apr-17 11:56:10

Can't comment on Majorca but can comment on passports. Got DC2's passport done two weeks ago, pictures done at Snappy Snaps (highly recommend) sent it on the Friday afternoon via post office check and send service, came back following Thursday. They are coming back super quick this time of year according to my own experience and the post office ladies at my local branch!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now