Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Holiday to Scotland suggestions

(8 Posts)
notgivingin789 Sat 08-Apr-17 11:48:43

Hey,

Don't know where to post this so if any of you Mumsnetters knows a best place to put this thread, please let me know.

I'm thinking of going to Scotland for mine and DS (7) first proper (safe/ near to home) holiday. I have never travelled on a plane, so I would like to travel on a plane for our first experience in one.

Can anyone suggest any good plane companies to travel to Scotland ?

Where in Scotland would they do more family activities , good for young children ? I don't particularly want to do ice skating or mountain climbing.

Any good hotel suggestions ?

Thank you smile

3nationsfamily Sat 08-Apr-17 16:36:17

There are airports in Edinburgh, Glasgow , Aberdeen and Inverness with connecting flights to places all over the uk. Where are you coming from? Will you be hiring s car when you arrive or will you be relying on public transport? Do you want to be in a city or by the sea, forest holiday or small town adventure? Scotland is full of historic castles which are great to explore, great countryside for walking, adventure centre locations like Landmark or forest parks. You really need to give us more information to go on. Have a look at www.visitscotland.com and www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g186485-i107-Scotland.html for some initial planning ideas.

daffodilbrain Thu 13-Apr-17 06:59:10

Depends on where you live of course but I'd fly to Glasgow, hire a car and do a bit of island hopping and/or camping. Loads to do but you need to look for it... outdoor centres, climbing mountains, sailing, boat trips, museums and castles to explore, heaps of fun on beaches to be had. It really depends what you like to do as a family. We like hot pool hols but all Love Scotland regardless of the lack of heat. Take leggings and tshirts walking shoes/trainers and some smidge if you're staying in the west coast

kingscrossnoodle Thu 13-Apr-17 07:02:50

Depends where you are travelling from

blueistheonlycolourwefeel Thu 13-Apr-17 07:05:02

Aviemore is nice.

NightWanderer Thu 13-Apr-17 07:27:26

Will you have a car? If you don't have a car, then I'd stick to somewhere like Edinburgh where it is easy to get around and maybe a train ride somewhere for the day. We love Aviemore and the surrounding area but the public transportation isn't great, same for the west coast. How long are you staying?

Beebeeeight Thu 13-Apr-17 07:30:09

Ice skating?? confused

NightWanderer Thu 13-Apr-17 07:35:28

If you don't have a car, then check out Haggis adventure tours. They have some great trips and tours.

www.haggisadventures.com/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now