Talk

Advanced search

Villa holidays with toddlers

(6 Posts)
KLG3101 Sat 08-Apr-17 10:46:16

DH, myself and 2 DC - will be 2.5 and 10months when we want to go. Where did you book your villa holidays and where did you go? Don't want to spend more than £4K for 2 weeks, flight and villa.

mummymeister Sun 09-Apr-17 12:36:19

we always use owners direct or vrbo depending on where we are going. we book the flights using momondo or skyscanner and the villa after we have got the flights. you could also look on airbandb but make sure any villa with a pool is properly guarded or it wont be much of holiday with your toddler.

we enjoyed crete when we went and there is a huge choice just avoid the 18-30 areas and go for the far east of far west of the island.

do you want to be on your own in a villa or on a site with child care/kids club for your elder one.

2014newme Wed 12-Apr-17 08:05:51

Gated pool essential!

Thedaffodilsarecoming Thu 13-Apr-17 13:24:34

We've done villa holidays for about the last 8 years, both pre and with DC. Apart from one year we've always used James Villas. They're excellent and you can do villa, flight and car through them. We've been to Cyprus, Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Mallorca. I would like to try an All Inclusive hotel soon because I miss being cooked for and kids clubs would be nice! Having separate bedroom from DC is crucial for me though. Villas are home from home which is great with kids, but obviously you still need to go to the supermarket and cook, unless you eat out.

metalmum15 Sat 15-Apr-17 10:42:59

We've always done villa holidays since dc were little, love the privacy and safety of our own place and not having to fight for the pool, also it's much easier to keep your eyes on little ones.

We've always used James Villas or Villa Plus. Lots have gated pools. I prefer Villa Plus website, very clear, you can apply filters (walking distance to beach, restaurants, pool heating etc , all their villas also have pool tables and table tennis table as extras. In August you can pay nearly £4000 for one week though so not sure how expensive it may be for 2 weeks.

metalmum15 Sat 15-Apr-17 10:44:41

Sorry, just realised you didn't state an actual month! Duh! I imagine with children that age you can go outside of school holidays which will be considerably cheaper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now