Talk

Advanced search

Packing for 3 kids on holiday

(17 Posts)
Thegirlisnotright Sat 01-Apr-17 19:44:07

Never been abroad with kids before. They are toddler and preschool girls, and 7 year old boy.

2 weeks beach/watersports but evening temp will be cooler.

How many sets clothes? How much suncream? What footwear? (Stony beaches) How much swimwear?

Feel very clueless- it's not often warm where we are!

dailystuck71 Sat 01-Apr-17 21:54:21

Do you have access to a washing machine?

Thegirlisnotright Sat 01-Apr-17 22:06:21

No I don't think there's any laundry facilities.

ememem84 Sat 01-Apr-17 22:10:49

Pack outfits for each in each suitcase. Just incase one case goes missing.

NapQueen Sat 01-Apr-17 22:15:14

3 swimwear
2 beach towels
Pair of crocs plus a pair of sandals and maybe converse type trainers
Seven pairs of shorts
Seven vest tops
Couple of larger sized white tshirts for sun protection over their suncream poolside
Couple of light cotton dresses for the girls
Maybe a couple of polo shirts for the boys
Couple of cardigans or zip up fleeces for evening
Three sun hats
Pair of sunglasses each
Fresh knickers per day
A thin packa mac that folds into itself
Two pairs of shorts/vest pyjamas

Sun cream - no idea tbh Id go for three bottles of spf50 for the kids and then maybe two bottles of whatever spf you use.

Three bottles of aftersun (refridgerate if theres a fride in your room!!)

NapQueen Sat 01-Apr-17 22:15:36

Oh my list was per kid.

Ellieboolou27 Sat 01-Apr-17 22:20:16

take more sun cream than you think you'll need and less clothes than you'll think you'll need, 3 pairs shoes each 1 sanders type 1 plimsoles like, 1 pair flip flops / clog type things.
I always always overpack with my girls and they never wear half of what I pack!
Sun hat, hoodie or cardi each, 2 x swimware sets each, long sleeve top each and 5 x t shirts & shorts (my eldest won't wear anything other than dresses so I get the £2.99 summer Ines from H&M) about 2 or 4 of those and you can add leggings and long lever top underneath if chilly at night, one "party / smart" outfit each.
Happy holidays!

LisaDuncan Mon 03-Apr-17 13:27:54

I am just back from a short break and ran out of clean clothes due to DC playing out and getting everything dirty so following for ideas ahead of out first holiday abroad in summer.

I am thinking 1 daytime outfit and 1 evening per day, 3 lots of swim wear, 2 swim towles, 3 pairs shoes , 2 jumpers and 3 pairs pjs.

My boys usually need lots of changes though and dont want swim stuff to still be wet if going in and out the pool 50 times a day!

Next and Primark had "nice" luminous coloured tshirts and polo shirts in last week which I will be getting for the airport each way to make the DC easy to spot as they are also runners hmm

budgiegirl Mon 03-Apr-17 16:44:16

1 daytime outfit and 1 evening per day
Wow, that's a lot to take, for 3 kids over two weeks, that would be 84 different outfits!
My kids don't own that man clothes.

I would take no more than half that, plus an emergency tube of travel wash, just in case (I would hope not to have to use it though!).

Thing is, a lot of kids on a beach holiday will mostly just wear swimming cossies for a lot of the day, plus maybe a t-shirt, cover up or sundress. So I would take about 7 tops/4 shorts per child, plus 4 or 4 evening outfits, a warmer top/cardi, 2 swimming cossies, and anything bulkier,I get them to wear on the flight so keep the suitcase weight down!

Thegirlisnotright Mon 03-Apr-17 17:12:19

Thanks everyone. Are all the suggestions for 1 week holiday?! As it's 2 weeks I'll have to wash stuff won't I? Can't wash a weeks worth of clothes for everyone by hand though 🙈

kingscrossnoodle Mon 03-Apr-17 17:14:50

Take it to a local laundry. That's what we always do. Pack a weeks worth and by day 6 we go to a laundry, same on day 11/12 so not only do we always have clean clothes, we are taking some home clean also

Petalbird Mon 03-Apr-17 17:21:16

Unless you have strangely clean kids you will need to wash I would say if not washing at least an outfit per day and half that number as spares. 3 swim suits each. A couple of jackets and something water prof. A trainery pair of shoes incase of rain, Croc type things and sandals each but that sounds a lot of packing

NapQueen Mon 03-Apr-17 18:14:26

But if you are staying in a resort they will he in swimwer most of the day. Shorts and vest to walk down in, and if you pop to the shops, but other than that its just swimsyits most of the day anyways.

Ellieboolou27 Mon 03-Apr-17 20:12:59

My list covers 2 weeks, dd's wear cotton sundresses in the day if not in swimwear, easy to wash and dry overnight on the balcony. I've learnt from experience that the less you pack the easier it is. I take 4 hamman towels too as lightweight and can be used for cover ups, sunshade and dry very fast too.

ChocolateSherberts2017 Wed 05-Apr-17 09:24:06

www.mumsnet.com/travel/family-holiday-packing-lists

ChocolateSherberts2017 Wed 05-Apr-17 09:27:57

I second the advice upthread about taking it to a local laundry. We do this, we book a service wash in the morning and collect it in the evening. I'm not stuck doing the washing for a few hours while on holiday & equally I don't want to feel like I'm a pack horse

defineme Wed 05-Apr-17 09:43:02

At that age, all 3 of mine wore sun protection suits all day(2 each, one to dry and one to wear) (bought mine in Morrissons this year) , crocs, hats and a towelling poncho type thing. Then 7 shorts or dress/tshirts/pants/trousers or leggings. Wear hoodie and trainers to travel which can then be worn if cold and pac a macs...it's rained in every part of the Med we have holidayed in on one day and that's in August. I take tube of travel wash in case outfit can't last 2 days but rarely need to as they only wear them in evenings and I care less on holiday! I find those towels you get in camping shops are brilliant travel and beach towels because they fold up to nothing in your bag and don't get sand logged, mine are Karrimor but I saw pretty ones in the Range. P20 is pricey but worth it as you only have to put it on once a day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now