Talk

Advanced search

Passport help

(9 Posts)
tickleyourpickle Sat 01-Apr-17 14:01:28

I'm renewing my sons passport. I got married last year so my passport is in my maiden name and I hadn't planned to change it. - I have booked the holiday in my maiden name.
Am I right to fill in the form in all my maiden name details?

SayNoToCarrots Sat 01-Apr-17 14:04:12

If you have booked your holiday in your name and intend to do so from now on, then keep your passport in that name.

tickleyourpickle Sat 01-Apr-17 14:10:12

Yes that's what's I've done.
However I'm filling in my sons passport application for a renewal, I have to provide my details as his mother. Should I fill this in as it appears on my passport in my maiden name even though I now go by an different name?

JimWithTwoNoses Sat 01-Apr-17 14:16:32

Yes fill it in in your maiden name. Where do you go by your Marie's name? At the bank? Perhaps write this on a separate bit of paper, sign it and include in the application if you are worried

tickleyourpickle Sat 01-Apr-17 14:21:00

Yes everything else has changed to my married name.
Maybe I should include my marriage certificate and a supporting note and check and send it?

RaptorInaPorkPieHat Sat 01-Apr-17 14:34:26

I've just done DD's passport. My passport has expired and is in my maiden name, but I use my married surname.

I filled it in using my married name and included my birth certificate and marriage certificate (because when I did the check and send at the PO they said to).

tickleyourpickle Sat 01-Apr-17 18:22:35

Perfect, thanks raptor!

BrieAndChilli Sat 01-Apr-17 18:25:32

You will probably find they will want more evidence as you are using both your maiden name (passport) and married name (everything else), Raptors passport had expired so they will assume she is no longer using her maiden name.

Bumply Sat 01-Apr-17 18:32:19

If your maiden name is different from your son's name it would be a good idea to have proof you are his mother (his birth certificate and/or your marriage certificate) if you travel just the two of you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now