Talk

Advanced search

Really posh hotel in Manchester? Recommendations please

(9 Posts)
Nicotina Sat 01-Apr-17 11:42:16

We've had bereavements, serious illness, all sorts of bad stuff. We want an overnight in Manchester (nearest city) for our anniversary in late September.
I know Manchester pretty well and love it. But I don't really know the hotels - never needed to stay because we aren't too far away.
Any suggestions?

WingMirrorSpider Sat 01-Apr-17 11:45:30

Great John Street Hotel is lovely. It's a small boutique hotel so no grounds or leisure facilities as such, but its cosy and romantic and close to the centre.

Anasnake Sat 01-Apr-17 11:47:18

The Midland

whatnextfred Sat 01-Apr-17 11:48:44

The Lowry or hotel Gotham

puttingourhoodupdown Sat 01-Apr-17 11:48:49

Great John street is a good shout. I've also heard Gotham is very swanky but not stayed there so can't vouch personally

greenmelon Sat 01-Apr-17 12:00:59

Great John Street or King Street Town house are beautiful (I think they're owned by the same company). Lovey boutique hotels - the double level room in Great John Street with the roll top bath is particularly nice. The Lowry is lovely too and the Hilton if you fancy the Cloud bar. I've never stayed at Hotel Gotham but I've heard amazing things!

whatnextfred Sat 01-Apr-17 12:02:06

The Hilton is really over rated in Manchester I think no where near worth the price

Nicotina Sat 01-Apr-17 12:14:33

Thanks for the recommendations. These look great!

whatnextfred Sat 01-Apr-17 15:59:30

Set up a Quidco account OP and use hotels.com you'll get cash back

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now