Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Unable to add infant to AirCanada flight- DO NOT BOOK FLIGHTS WITH AIRCANADA or CHEAPTICKETS

(3 Posts)
jayneolmsh Fri 31-Mar-17 16:49:17

I thought I would share my horrible experience so other parents out there won't have to go through the same nightmare:

I booked an AirCanada ticket via Cheaptickets.com to go to the US to see my family over Easter. I called Cheaptickets to add my 17 month old daughter to the flight (she would be sitting on my lap), and Cheaptickets directed me to call AirCanada directly to add my daughter. When I called AirCanada, they refused to add my daughter and told me I had to add my daughter via Cheaptickets. Cheaptickets and AirCanada will not add my daughter to the flight. They blame each other for the system not working. I have been on the phone between the two companies for over 13 hours to try to find a solution. The only solution is to change my flight. This would mean I would have to pay change fees and difference in ticket price in addition to my daughter's ticket.

Has anyone else had similar experiences with airlines?

SoupDragon Fri 31-Mar-17 16:53:37

Why didn't you book her a ticket at the start? confused

Theresnonamesleft Fri 31-Mar-17 16:56:38

Surely before you finished the transaction you would ensure that everyone travelling had a ticket?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now