Talk

Advanced search

A coeliac DD and eating out in DLP

(12 Posts)
carries Fri 31-Mar-17 15:55:31

We are going to a Eurocamp just outside of Paris tomorrow for 7 days. We are going to spend one day at DLP. We will take food for lunch and snacks but will probably need to eat out for the evening. However my middle DD is coeliacs. Can anyone recommend one of the buffet restaurants? The table service ones are a bit out of budget.

shirleycartersaidso Fri 31-Mar-17 16:14:29

I haven't been to dlp but I would be worried about cross contamination in buffet set up, not by the restaurant itself but other people.

carries Sat 01-Apr-17 05:22:00

Shirley - I know. I'm not sure what to do about food in the evening!

dailystuck71 Sat 01-Apr-17 08:18:49

Inventions is good for dinner but I am not sure if that will fit with your DD (don't know about the disease fully). There are videos on YouTube of the food and restaurant if you want to look or go to Val de Europe! There is a steak and chicken restaurant there that we've eaten in before that was very good.

King Ludwigs at DLP is chicken and chips. A bit bland but might be ok?

This page shows all restaurants, dietary requirements and menus if you click through.

www.disneylandparis.co.uk/dining/

Inventions is character dining so a bit more expensive.

SerialBodenReturner Sat 01-Apr-17 08:24:34

We went to DLP with my coeliac niece and found them very good. All restaurants (or at least the ones we went to) have a separate allergies menu.

We ate at Annette's diner and the Steakhouse and Rainforest Cafe, but I think (it was a few years ago) that the allergies menu may be the same across all the restaurants. So basically your DD would have the same options wherever you eat.

All the restaurants did seem very well set up for allergy or intolerance sufferers, though.

SerialBodenReturner Sat 01-Apr-17 08:26:51

PS - our hotel breakfast was a buffet, and my niece was given a totally separate 'wrapped' (bit like an airline meal) breakfast so totally uncontaminated by gluten.

We didn't do a buffet in the evening, but imagine there might be a similar system? Or just the same 'allergies' menu for your DD to choose from as in all the other table service restaurants...?

kathryn77 Sat 01-Apr-17 08:27:10

There is planet Hollywood: rainforest cafe. I'm sure they would cater for GF or failing that have the option of steak/veg type meal.

I am veggie; different I know and a life choice rather than medical, but have always eaten ok there, espeically in the bigger brands. I avoid buffets but the inventions (sp) was massive and nice.
A lot of fish and meats which you can pic.

We loved ratatouille restaurant but I would avoid that as sure it was a set menu and kids had past\meatballs which I doubt would be GF.

kathryn77 Sat 01-Apr-17 08:29:24

Someone else mentioned Annette dinner and steakhouse, again we ate at those and they were nice. I'm sure they would cater accordingly . My DS BF is caeleac so I tend to notice Gf options but it is a few years since we went!

carries Sat 01-Apr-17 20:35:34

Thank you so much serial, Kathryn & daily stuck. Will try Annette's diner I think!

2014newme Sun 02-Apr-17 10:45:27

They are very good with allergies usually the chef will come out and speak to you

JoeyBrummie Sun 02-Apr-17 22:15:57

Hi. For those that ate at Rainforest/Annette/steakhouse/Planet Hollywood, please could you give me an idea of what on the menu was gluten free?
Were the options child friendly? Were the chips gf? Did any have baked potatoes?
Thanks in advance.

SerialBodenReturner Mon 03-Apr-17 08:50:14

Hi, I can't really remember what the options were but I think they must have been child friendly as D niece was a child and ate them!

I don't remember a jacket potato. Iirc, they were a bit 'airline food'-ish. As I said, I think the options are the same across all the restaurants so I think they just have a stock of the meals and heat them up on demand.

I don't think the chips in the general fast food restaurants are cooked separately so you'd have the usual issue with possible cross-contamination of gluten there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now