Talk

Advanced search

The Canaries

(5 Posts)
bountygirl Thu 30-Mar-17 20:09:45

Any advice on the Canary Isles for an early July hol with my 10 yr old daughter? Never been to any other than Fuertaventura about 20 years ago.
Best Islands? Resorts on islands. Ideally looking for a coastal town that's not enormous but big enough for 2 weeks wandering trying different restaurants, cafes. Apartment with pool or somewhere you can use a pool for free (do they allow this in Spain? we usually go to Greece and you can use any pool as long as you order something from the cafe!).
Big thank you!🙏

5foot5 Sun 02-Apr-17 23:08:04

What sort of thing do you like doing? Will you have your own transport? We have recently come back from a week on Tenerife. We love the north of the island which is where we stayed. It might not be as baking hot as the south but is infinitely more green and scenic and interesting.

The biggest resort in the north is probably Puerto de la Cruz. Lots of places to stay and to eat. Don't know much about pool access but there did appear to be a big pool complex on the front that looked nice.

If you like walking then loads of possibilities and many of them also accessible by public transport.

One of the big trips is to take the cable car to Mount Teide.

We also saw lots of publicity for Lori Parque (a zoo) which is probably quite good if you are there with a child.

tissuesosoft Sun 02-Apr-17 23:13:42

Playa Blanca in Lanzarote is nice and you can get a ferry to fuerteventura for the day if you fancy a change in scenery

bountygirl Thu 06-Apr-17 19:51:02

Thank you! We like a bit of exploring but this is definitely my rest and recuperate holiday! In Greece it's wandering, boat trips, turtle watching, beach, swimming and a bit of browsing in shops.

rainbowthunder Fri 07-Apr-17 07:27:36

Playa Blanca is nice, not too big and on the less windy side of Lanzarote.

Puerto Rico on Grand Canaria is bigger but not huge like some - we've had lots of great holidays there.

In Spain or the Canaries I've never come across anywhere where you can't use the pool for free and never felt pressured into buying drinks, etc, so you will have no worry there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now