Talk

Advanced search

Renewing passports

(8 Posts)
tumpymummy Wed 29-Mar-17 19:24:07

Does anyone now how long passports are taking to process at the moment? (End of March). Need to renew son's passport but he will need it for travel at the end of May. Hoping that just under 2 months will be long enough?!

tribpot Wed 29-Mar-17 19:29:17

Recent threads on here have suggested much shorter turnarounds than the horror of a few years ago, you should be fine.

Hersetta427 Thu 30-Mar-17 14:23:08

I did my daughters 2 weeks ago. It plopped on our door mat 6 days after I did check and send at the post office.

mrsmortis Thu 30-Mar-17 17:08:21

Ours arrived back 7 days from putting it in the post. This was last week. We filled out the application online but didn't do check and send.

TaggySits Thu 30-Mar-17 17:18:35

I sent my application (by 2nd class mail!) last Tue, got my passport yesterday. Just double and triple-check you've filled in all the details correctly so there's no unnecessary delay.

tumpymummy Sat 01-Apr-17 00:52:29

Fab, thanks that's reassuring. Especially as we went to get passport photos today and the printer was broken so photos are delayed.

ironmanslady Sat 01-Apr-17 01:30:43

I got a text on a Tuesday saying my application was being processed (had done check and send on the Saturday) it arrived on the Friday. So 6 days! This was a couple of weeks ago. Was very impressed smile

tumpymummy Sat 15-Apr-17 22:39:41

So! We sent off passport application and it was back within a week. So pretty quick, just in case anyone else wants to know. (That was completing application form ourselves and not doing post office check and send or anything like that).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now